When was the last time

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I've four times as many feeder rods as I have float rods so that says something about what I do mostly
I've got four of each and sometimes wonder why as I use the float rods at least ten times more often than the feeder rods 😅

Whilst I do prefer float as a method in general its mostly down to most places I fish being pretty blatantly float venues really so feeder just comes out when circumstances dictate necessary.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
You spent the day fishing just one method? I know the carp boys do this, but what about the rest of the normal anglers ;)
I just used a feeder yesterday on one of our club waters, it wasn't really that windy but there was enough of a constant ripple on the water to make seeing a float difficult, so the feeder it was. I caught plenty which I was very happy with considering I don't usually partake in much feeder fishing and was beginning to think I had wasted my money on the gear. A bit boring I must admit which would have improved with a few more fish. More often than not I fish a combination of waggler and feeder, just to keep my busy and doing something or I start having silly thoughts like, should I go home yet. Not a good thing to think when fishing.
Come on then lads and lasses, lets hear your thoughts.
The feeder can be brilliant ,my best days have been feeder only although i had a pole setup at the ready .

alsur

Site Supporter
Quite often do last time out I just fished feeder for bream only took one rod, most of time on river I just fish stick and sometimes just take pole to lakes, in fact apart from matches I would say I do it most of time.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
I've got four of each and sometimes wonder why as I use the float rods at least ten times more often than the feeder rods 😅

Whilst I do prefer float as a method in general its mostly down to most places I fish being pretty blatantly float venues really so feeder just comes out when circumstances dictate necessary.
I've three float rods one of which is a treasured item and rarely used these days largely because it has the old style rings and my hands tend to be not so good at keeping the reel in place. Also my lad stepped on the spliced rod tip and the repair left it 3 inches shorter than it's 13ft spec. I rarely fish rivers and canals these days so the Acolyte doesn't get a lot of use. The commercial float rod gets regular outings though. The feeder rods are split equally between those for commercial and natural waters, but I have too many of those - some will be going to a charity for disabled kids near Canterbury soon. I have started to get into distance feeder work in the last couple of years hence the increase in rod numbers
I do not use poles

tincatim

Site Supporter
I always set up a waggler rod and feeder rod when fishing Stillwaters, I’ll switch between them as the session dictates. Although rarely will I stick to one if it’s not working. Whereas with small river roving it’s one or the other, I’ll decide if I want a day’s trotting or legering a few days before I go. Rod will be made up beforehand and bait and terminal tackle packed accordingly. Then I stick to the plan. But sometimes I get it wrong and after three hours with no indication on the tip I can find myself wishing I’d bought the stick floats. Maybe I’ll take two rods next season just in case...