When stupid people use things they shouldn’t (f**kwit work colleagues)

62tucker

Site Supporter
I will lend most people anything if I have it
But would never lend my HW100KT out.
Had a few ask on the caravan site ask to borrow it with pard on to shoot Rats or Rabbits.
Sorry I don’t lend it out. It would cost neat £1500 to replace.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I will lend most people anything if I have it
But would never lend my HW100KT out.
Had a few ask on the caravan site ask to borrow it with pard on to shoot Rats or Rabbits.
Sorry I don’t lend it out. It would cost neat £1500 to replace.
Think the ticket on the new laminate stocked one was £1100 rifle only. Did think of trying to lever a Pard into the deal as compensation for “emotional distress” but didn’t want to lean on my luck.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Even I once nearly knack it.
Put magazine in backwards and felt a bit of resistance when loaded.
Lucky for me I stopped and was able to get pellet out with fishing forceps.
Close shave that.
When I been trying to shoot rats with a Hadson springer
Then the HW100KT. In .2 which I believe is rare.
It does feel like cheating

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Even I once nearly knack it.
Put magazine in backwards and felt a bit of resistance when loaded.
Lucky for me I stopped and was able to get pellet out with fishing forceps.
Close shave that.
When I been trying to shoot rats with a Hadson springer
Then the HW100KT. In .2 which I believe is rare.
It does feel like cheating
When I moved from a springer to a PCP I vowed I’d never go back - so much easier, especially for pest control.

Foul hooked

Site Supporter
If that manager had been an employee of mine he would have ben given his P45. Was he certificated and authorised by the company to use firearms?
What on earth did he think he was doing using someone else's personal tools without permission. Manager or not, that is something that you just do not do. If he had caused an accident the company would have carried the can for it.
In my previous line of work i was a Health and safety manager on major projects, and it probably comes as no surprise that the majority of accidents i investigated during my career were down to stupidity, more often than not by people doing something that they were not qualified or trained for or, usually in the case of management, simply thought they knew better and that the procedures did not apply to them

Dave gsx1400

Guns? Ha, a classic case of `one man machines`. You don`t pick up a gun to use that isn`t yours, simple as that.
You also don`t pluck a qualified Ops Manager fresh from a University either......experience and relevant qualifications are what matter. I made Ops Manager after 19yrs, learning everything there was to know about my line of business and gaining the necessary qualifications the hard way. It stood me well - I had the full respect of my colleagues and was able to take early retirement after 20yrs in post. I doubt i`d last a day in post nowadays with all the `Snowflakes` around, I just couldn`t stomach it!