When I grow up, I want to be a Biquinho Vermelho

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Only sown last Sunday, this was waiting for me this morning. Normally I expect germination to take 7 days at least, so this was a welcome surprise.

1608881495975.png

This is what should be produced over the summer.

1608881608174.png

1608881670567.png

1 seed up, 123 to go.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
As of this morning, I now have 8 seedlings up. (I realise that may of you will have spent a sleepless night worrying about my seedlings and are therefore desperate for an update).

4 x biquinho vermelho
1 x Aji Panca Lima
3 x NuMex Vaquero

No really hot ones yet though...

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Spanky, any chance you can set-up a live cam so we can watch things unfold in real time.?

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Spanky, any chance you can set-up a live cam so we can watch things unfold in real time.?
That's an interesting challenge, but I suspect the condensation on the propagator lid would make for rather pointless viewing. How about some regular photos instead?

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Au contraire.
It will only add to it and give the effect of being "there" in the rainforest.
Daily pictures would mean having to find them,whereas "chilicam" would be constantly in the corner of my home/work pc's.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Watch out one of them has just reported you for starting a cannabis farm :ROFLMAO:
I would not be surprised... once they are a bit bigger I'll be running a couple of grow lamps at night, that could make for an interesting visit.

I should probably tell you a few funny stories about the local hydroponics shop at some point... maybe another day.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Nearly 50 seedlings up now...

Only one variety (Trinidad Perfume) has yet to put in an appearance. Naga, 7pot, Habanero and Fatalii are now showing.

1609236853273.png

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nice to see you have a few "warm" ones on the go

I do like the tingle of a good chilli on my tounge, near on superfoods, lots of benefits on the digestive system

my previous neighbour used to grow em too, and handed me a few scotch bonnets and others for me too try, the present one is a dissapointment in the harvesting business and now grows flowers,