When did ..........

62tucker

Site Supporter
We are Having a halloween party next Saturday and pumpkin competition as well.
Sainsburys had sold out of pumpkins yesterday and on Tuesday had a massive skip full. Youngest person attending is 30 years old.
Basically a Pis up but in fancy hallowe’en tee shirt.
But as a surprise for my 2 daughters I have bought a beetle juice outfit 🤣
We normally have a bbq or buffet but this year we going for a mini Xmas hamper of meats.
Turkey. Pork. Beef. Gammon.
Small jacket tatties and oven buns.
And no doubt they will be having party games.
Happy days.
Last year was cancelled due to a covid situation. I had to check all halloween toys yesterday.
25 AA batteries needed.
7 AAA.
21 hearing aid type
Kids. Do they ever grow up

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
There are Xmas ads on the telly as well. Not even had bonfire night .
And there's another tradition that's more or less died out ....
" Penny For The Guy"

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I went to a Halloween 🎃 party in Leeds once , one of the games they did which I had never seen before was ...
Bobbing for chips.
I wondered why a lot had red scorched faces, I thought it was part of the costume

Tristar

I can't stand it. My Dad passed away 31st October 2019. Still too raw for me with constant reminders.

Still at least I've got all the Christmas merchandise to look at in the shops already.

I wish I could take something and it all disappears along with the agony of it.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Here's a tip for trick or treat.
Get Ferrero Rocher chocs, remove wrappers an keep at on side,
Eat chocs if you want to.
Melt a block of milk chocolate and add crushed rice Krispies and mix together.
Take a number of raw sprouts , dip in chocolate and Krispie mix and allow to cool.
Wrap the chocolate and Krispie covered sprouts in the Ferrero Rocher wrappers, place near door and wait for the little brats to come calling .

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
You're alright mate......She's out practising on the Aire and Calder!....:oops::ROFLMAO:

It’s me that needs to practice. Last time she had a dabble she got a big hybrid and a roach of a pound plus in two put ins. I packed up quickly after that. 🤣🤣

Browner

Site Supporter
Apparently the trend is to put the Xmas tree up in Oct but as a “hallowe’en tree” decorated with spiders, cobwebs etc until November then change it to be decorated with Xmas stuff.

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Just back in from garden after an egg hunt before it gets dark- whats occuring?

Dog eggs - not Easter eggs - dont want the pup standing in his own when its dark then charging into house 😝

Trogg

Site Supporter
Here's a tip for trick or treat.
Get Ferrero Rocher chocs, remove wrappers an keep at on side,
Eat chocs if you want to.
Melt a block of milk chocolate and add crushed rice Krispies and mix together.
Take a number of raw sprouts , dip in chocolate and Krispie mix and allow to cool.
Wrap the chocolate and Krispie covered sprouts in the Ferrero Rocher wrappers, place near door and wait for the little brats to come calling .

Nah to expensive, i'll stick with buying the cheap 30p a bar chocolate from Asda melting it down and making chocolate onions..bit like chocolate apples but not quite as tasty 😈

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’ve never really got Halloween. Used to be quite fun at uni when everyone would dress up and go out but in normal life it‘s just always passed me by. Was in America for it once though and it was next level to here. Nowhere near Christmas level still but far bigger than it is here.

John Step

Site Supporter
Growing up in the 50s I never heard of it.
As for Christmas, the local garden centre has had mountains of glittery tat on display since Early Oct.