Wheat-----as a bait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Hi all, [:)]

Just read Des Taylors bit in this weeks AT, about wheat, and it got me thinking, it must be at least 20yrs since I last used wheat as a bait in fishing.
So who of you out there have used it? [?] and how many of you still use it on a regular basis? [?]
If you no longer use it why did you stop using it? [?] Was it perhaps that it fell from popularity in favour of a more modern bait? [?]
No axe to grind just curious as to how common place baits that were widely used come to be forgotten over the years, as this one was always in the matchmens bag at one time and produced some big catches of roach and other silver fish at one time.

Steve

Born To Fish
Forced To Work

MALC

Bluey,

Some previous threads that have covered Wheat are below
CHECK HERE
AND HERE

You might find them interesting.[;)][;)]

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

angler-mark

Hi Bluey,

I've used wheat for a couple of years now. It's a great bait either for loose feeding or on the hook, I use it mixed with hemp to attract Trent Barbel in the feeder or as a carpet on the bottom. It also takes flavours very well but the best thing about it is, that it only costs about 4-00p for a 20 kilo bag. It's very underated for some reason but I can't understand why.

Tight Lines

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.