Whats your opinion for this setup?

chavba

Hi, I’ve bought a new set for 2022 season. In Hungary we have lots of carps and amurs above 10-15 lbs almost every lake and river. Sometimes we can meet 40lbs+ too. We have lakes and slow rivers and often fishing for 50-90 meters.

- 2x 13’ Aero X7 100gramm + Ultegra 5500 xtc
- Both filled with 0.225 Shimano technium, i dont like use shockleaders because of the knot so i choose the 0.22 over the 0.20
- 45gramm preston methood feeders with heavy gum
- size 10 Korda hook with braid 0.10mm leader
- popups 9-13mm

Is it well balanced?

Total

Site Supporter
@chavba .....If your casting technique is good you'll reach the distances ok with this setup and in my opinion it is a balanced setup....Would I fish it like this, NO, incorporate a decent leader....Your X7's have big enough rings and were built to use leaders....(y)

chavba

@chavba .....If your casting technique is good you'll reach the distances ok with this setup and in my opinion it is a balanced setup....Would I fish it like this, NO, incorporate a decent leader....Your X7's have big enough rings and were built to use leaders....(y)
I think so, but i am newbie in the stronger rods style feeder fishing because i always used light shorter, english style rods with 3000-4000 sized reels. Thanks your opinion about the leaders

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
chavba mate ……. Can we swop you 600 trillion mirrors and commons for half a dozen Amur’s please ? We have a few we can spare. 🤣🤣

rd115

The Touch ™
Site Supporter
0.22mm a bit risky for a loaded 45g feeder, putting some welly into it over and over will likely crack off after a while, i recommend a shock leader.

chavba

Btw, our amurs are very prolific, invasive. Almost ate every seaweed from our waters. Pikes are very rare now because of them. We had lots of pikes before.. my grandpa told me :/
But their fight is so epic when you hook one. 😄

Total

Site Supporter
Btw, our amurs are very prolific, invasive. Almost ate every seaweed from our waters. Pikes are very rare now because of them. We had lots of pikes before.. my grandpa told me :/
But their fight is so epic when you hook one. 😄
Our Grass carp don't really do much in the fight on the rod, slow and purposeful, but go absolutely ballistic when they see or are in a landing net...:oops::help: