Whats your favourite hook then?

Rick123

Site Supporter
The one I'm on right now is the Guru QM1. It a great pellet hook and so strong it beggars believe. I'm guessing the extra strength is by design, but I've had some big carp on a size 18s.

I also like the Guru MWG in a 14s for paste, strong too.

I tried some of the maggot hooks from Guru last year for roach 16s 18s and found them excellent. A nice light wide hook, but strong enough for the odd bream too.

Whats yours right now?

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
The one I'm on right now is the Guru QM1. It a great pellet hook and so strong it beggars believe. I'm guessing the extra strength is by design, but I've had some big carp on a size 18s.

I also like the Guru MWG in a 14s for paste, strong too.

I tried some of the maggot hooks from Guru last year for roach 16s 18s and found them excellent. A nice light wide hook, but strong enough for the odd bream too.

Whats yours right now?
Overall hook b911 ,great hook

Rick123

Site Supporter
Bob, what would you use them for. How heavy or light would you fish with them>

robert d

Site Supporter
Overall hook b911 ,great hook
I like the preston circle hooks in the feeder or guru feeder hooks . Kaizen hooks also very good. Overall the b911 takes some beating for commercial fishing

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
A 14 for paste don’t go be low a 12 myself and normally a 10 MWG.
The Kaizen is a good hook for pellet and corn find it a bit on the thin side for paste.
The 911 is a good hook but I have had them straightened on occasion.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
Drennan Wide Gape Match. A nice blend of finesse and strength. I've had everything from tiddlers to lumpy carp, tench, bream, barbel, perch and chub on them. As none of my local shops seem to stock them, and few people mention them, I live in fear that they'll be discontinued. I'll be gutted if they do.

For bigger baits when targetting bigger fish, I've been using Browning Sphere Beasts this year. I'm rather taken with those too.

robert d

Site Supporter
Bob, what would you use them for. How heavy or light would you fish with them>
I use them on the pole ,they are good for most fish but if very large fish are about i go to the xstrong b911 . The mwg are good to ,ive just lost a lot of fish with the mwg so swapped back to 911

robert d

Site Supporter
I use them on the pole ,they are good for most fish but if very large fish are about i go to the xstrong b911 . The mwg are good to ,ive just lost a lot of fish with the mwg so swapped back to 911
The b911 is quite strong so will cater for most fish .

robert d

Site Supporter
QM1’s pretty much as soon as they came out. Great hook never had a problem!
Qm1 are very good to ,similar to preston circle hooks of a while back i believe ,great for the feeder

SeanB

Site Supporter
Couldn't pick just one but I do like the Drennan wide gape pellet, Kamasan b510, Preston Pr36 and Prc1.
Other, less often used but still favoured hooks are Maver Mt1 and some very old Mustad 90340.

Irishhybrids

Site Supporter
I really like the 2 new patterns from Guru, pole special and Match special for all my natural water fishing .