What's your favourite bit of tackle?

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Some good answers. I have to agree with @mickthechippy . I wouldn’t be without my van. I used to spend that much time loading the car in a very specific order and dismantling trolleys and stuff. I can now load and unload in about two minutes.

In terms of actual tackle I wouldn’t be without my Garbolino Altima 9ft picker rod. I use it all the time and it is just the perfect rod for me.

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
My 11ft 6 preston supera feeder rod and 520 centris reel, I love catching bream, skimmers n roach, on this rod

OldTaff

Site Supporter
My seatbox without doubt - miss it so much if I’m out on crafty lunchtime sessions in the summer.

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
A jewellers loupe. Without one I'd be stuffed as even a no6 shot looks like a dust shot to my naked eye..

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
fav bit of tackle were my custom made Torrix carp rods with full cork handles, had 3 of them and they were bloody lovely

but to answer the question the one bit i cant do without is my fishing brain, amazing what you remember and/or get the feeling to change something to make things better! and always great to learn

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My Chub rod. The one I use on a weir. Greys Prodigy TXL Twin Tip. At 1.25lb test curve it is a lovely weight and action and is fun to catch Barbel on too. Only gripe is I tend to use the heaviest tip, 3.5oz, all the time and would use heavier if supplied. This was a good buy and I don't regret going for that even though the Drennan equivalent also looks and sounds nice. It was also my 17' Shakespeare Rod until I broke it. Replaced with a 17' Acolyte which seems like it might become a favourite but so far I've only caught a Minnow on it.

Marker50

Site Supporter
New fave my stopwatch suprised me how i thought i was leaving for about 20 min and was nowt like.