Whats your best bet on when we will be back on the bank ?

nejohn

Site Supporter
My gut feeling is probably Easter and anything before that we can count as a bonus, although knowing the welsh government they will do the exact opposite to what the UK government does, so we will probably be fishing again next week

stikflote

Site Supporter
Wouldnt this be a good time to do away with close season on rivers.

Idont fish rivers any more ,but ive always thought it should be open just like all the rest of canals and lakes ,

satinet

Site Supporter
Well I think this lockdown is initially 6 weeks but I think it being lifted in March is more realistic. 1st of March would be nice but expect it’ll be the 14th just to be a sod 😅
The first one was 3 weeks

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Wouldnt this be a good time to do away with close season on rivers.

Idont fish rivers any more ,but ive always thought it should be open just like all the rest of canals and lakes ,
Go along with that, if only.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
There's a hell of a lot of pessimism here. We were out by May last time and we didn't have a vaccine then so I'd say absolute worst case scenario would be about the same with about a month earlier a more realistic latest date seeing as we've gone in earlier and have vaccines. There's no logical reason based on science or past experience why it would be any later.

JLK

There are people that have the flu Jab every year. Not sure how many have it to be honest but there are still thousands of people who die from it every year.
Does anyone know if there are any stats out there that tell you how many of these have died of flu even though they may have had the flu vaccination that year?
Or do you reckon the people who have died of flu maybe hadn't had the flu vaccination?
What do you think?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Good question although I believe the protection rate of the flu jab is something like 70% whereas these vaccines are supposedly more around the 90% point so it's not really comparable.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
If this is the case that will rule out our Fur and Feather come Forest Lane come Easter get together at Lindholme.
I know mate :( we will get it on pal Mark my Words, but at the end of the Day id rather us all be their with a Healthy Glow than having to hold a Minutes silence for any of us that aint made it (y) It might be re called the MD's Vaccine match ;);)

JLK

I think the flu vaccination is more like 60/40. Maybe even closer to 55/45 from I've read about it.

mrfishey

There are people that have the flu Jab every year. Not sure how many have it to be honest but there are still thousands of people who die from it every year.
Does anyone know if there are any stats out there that tell you how many of these have died of flu even though they may have had the flu vaccination that year?
Or do you reckon the people who have died of flu maybe hadn't had the flu vaccination?
What do you think?
Just had a letter through today, offering me the flu jab. It states on average, 11,000 people die from flu each year

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Flu vaccination effectiveness comes out around 50% i could cite sources but i cba at this time of night :)

Flu vaccination hasn't stopped Flu, so it would be naive to think any Covid jab will stop Covid. This is going to be a seasonal affair heading into the future.

R0B

Whenever we are rolled back to the tier system...earliest mid Feb. Latest? 2023? never?