What's wrong with MD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lid

I haven't been able to reach the MD forums from 15:31 today until just now. Has something been up? I've been able to get to other web-sites and I tried to get to MD's from both at work and at home.

Lid [:)]

norm

it must have been knackerd mate

i have not been able to on either

sammy

'the maggot'
it wasnt the troggie

The X Files gave me hope to Believe
The Truth Is Out There.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
There have ben a few problems server-side which have caused the site not to respond on occasion.
All being well they should be fixed now and the tekkies are keeping an eye on it

Dave

Lid

Hi Dave

Thanks for the update. I've been on MD's since November last year and these last few days are the first time anything much has gone wrong. Is it just coincidence, or have your web hosting people made some recent changes? Or could it be a result of malicious attacks, as there has also been this recent flurry of abuse of MD's.

Because I work in computing, invariably I see things going wrong mostly when changes are made. Not that change is bad, but often not all the implications are considered properly and not enough relevant testing is carried out.

Lid [:)]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ahhaaaaa there you go Dave, its Lids fault he's been hacking into the system n causing it to crash!!!

Alan

There's a monster outside my window..can i have a glass of water?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Lid,

The problem was with the IIS, the version it was running had become unstable for some reason and in periods of heavy traffic, it was failing.
Initially the server was rebooted and then once again it wobbled (technical term [:D]), it has now been reinstalled so all being well we should have stability once more.

Dave

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Change over to Zeus Dave, a lot more reliable, secure and faster [:D]

AlanP

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Would we get a Big discount Alan [;)], just think of the maggot logo in with the rest of your customers www.zeus.com/customers [:D]

Dave

AlanP

'EastAngler'
That's a good Yorkshire approach there Dave, unfortunately my Sales Director is from the West Country, if I mentioned the dis***nt word to him he would choke in his coffee [;)].

You make a good point though - I could try and persuade him that the inclusion of the "world famous maggot logo" would do great things for the way that we are viewed by potential customers.

You can see it in our advertising literature now can't you - eBay, blueyonder, Cable & Wireless, Comic Relief and the crowning glory - Maggotdrowning.

We'd be fighting buyers off left, right and centre [:D].

AlanP

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
You've got it in one Alan, now where do I sign lol

[:D]

Dave

martin.

Account Locked
well MAGGOTDROWNING.COM would be the best out of that lot youve mentioned

tight lines.