What's the...

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
For matches, if got a few top kits to plumb up, time is of the essence.
For pleasure, usually summer time down the margins for me and I’ll travel light, only taking what I’ll actually use.
Or like tomorrow, I’ll be playing about: chuck a tip out, a bit of waggler fishing and I might try the pellet wag. Won’t be rushing for sure.
16 top kits set-up-pretty standard for a match at Tunnel in the summer 🤷‍♂️ FB140F65-6973-4831-B44B-63345B974557.jpeg

nejohn

Site Supporter
A shed load of Browning Sphere hooks and a Daiwa Prorex wading net.

From Bristol, by any chance?
Yes, it would have been rude not to at £130...not had a chance to use it yet and as we are still on stay at home until 15th March at the earliest, it looks like I will have to wait until June to try it in anger

nejohn

Site Supporter
What's the whip like ?
Toying with the idea of getting one.
Not had a chance to try it in anger but have had it set up in the garden, it is a little heavier than the Acolyte, Tri-cast, Airity etc at 400 grams @ 8m but it is not overly heavy, it is fairly stiff and feels quite strong, comes with a flick tip and a hollow tip so quite versatile. I took a blind punt after reading some reviews as it was not badly priced, I was a bit worried that it would just be a rehash of the ZR but it is far better than that, much stiffer and more responsive. Just what I was looking for, I wanted something to fish for silvers and F1's on a club water but there is also a good chance of hitting a lump so was a bit wary using my tri-cast. It is not in the same league as the tri-cast but it was over £300 cheaper so good for what I want and also to get my daughter interested

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Browning two rod ready bag, a pint of pinkies, pint of red n bronze maggots. Some browning split shot on silicon forget what there called couple loaded insert wagglers, what I forget to buy some drennan carbon match in 12 and 14s, as I'm planning a large punch attack tomorrow, now it will be a medium punch day lol

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yes, it would have been rude not to at £130...not had a chance to use it yet and as we are still on stay at home until 15th March at the earliest, it looks like I will have to wait until June to try it in anger
I sort of regret not taking a punt on one for that price. Just couldn't quite bring myself to pay what's still a reasonable sum whilst partially furloughed on an occasional rod that probably wouldn't get used for months. Then within a couple days of them selling out I get taken off furlough and the rain stops and the rivers start to drop 😅

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
@Whisker theyre all set up already 7 fixed shallow rigs, 3 jiggas, 2 mudline, (all short kits) 2 deck rigs for in front, 2 edge rigs(long kits) , just have to plumb them up 🤷‍♂️

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I'd probably set up 6 rods on the Thames to cover all bases if I wanted to fish with match level efficiency. I just don't own 3 of them yet 😂

In reality I dont think I could be bothered to carry or set them all up though.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I'd probably set up 6 rods on the Thames to cover all bases if I wanted to fish with match level efficiency. I just don't own 3 of them yet 😂

In reality I dont think I could be bothered to carry or set them all up though.
Can’t be bothered doesn’t exist in my thinking 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Can’t be bothered doesn’t exist in my thinking 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
It's just a time thing for me really. I just like to set up what I'll definitely need and get fishing rather than eat into the session too much with stuff I probably won't use. It may come to me eventually though as I build up more gear and get better at the actual fishing bit (well hopefully that comes 😂) so aren't so reliant on fishing the optimum hours.

I set up everything when sea fishing though as can do it on the boat ride or in the car park beforehand or even in the house when on holiday so it doesn't eat into the session.

matt

Site Supporter
Latest purchase for me was a Garbolino G Force Power 14.5m Pole from a well known auction site.

Got it for what I consider was a very reasonable price and after spending last Sunday afternoon cleaning it up, it will now become my heavy duty carping pole and also double up as a throw it about silvers pole on natural venues :D

Zerkalo

1x 600m Maxima Chameleon 6lb
4x Dave Harrell Balsa Missiles 6g
2x Dave Harrell Balsa Missiles 5g
4x Drennan Inline Olivettes in 4g, 4.5g, 5g, and 5.5g
10x Large 40g Kamasan Black Cap Feeders
4x Drennan Wide Gape Carp Hooks in size 14 and 16

Basically getting ready for some Tench fishing with some Barbel and River items I couldn't resist.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Shakespeare match international circa 1976. I'm just a poor pensioner.

We have soup kitchens for the starving, what about a tackle bank for the elderly😛

Stewie74

Site Supporter
A new cupping kit for my pole, having heavy-handedly broke mine yesterday, some pole elastic, some hooks and some Preston keepnet bar quick release block thingies.