What's the...

Whisker

Site Supporter
One of these from Bristol Angling EA7DF6F1-8D90-4083-B53F-0332713B6865.jpeg
Buying the standard one Gaz. That looks a bit of a faff and I reckon I’d soon get fed up with it 😉 The sooner we get back fishing, the sooner I’ll stop looking at stuff... 😜

Attachments

• F129164C-BE75-412F-9759-9BFD550F30AF.jpeg
    F129164C-BE75-412F-9759-9BFD550F30AF.jpeg
    248.1 KB · Views: 1

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Buying the standard one Gaz. That looks a bit of a faff and I reckon I’d soon get fed up with it 😉 The sooner we get back fishing, the sooner I’ll stop looking at stuff... 😜
I went for the large cos it holds 12 kits ...why is it a faff , takes a couple of minutes to set up 🤷‍♂️

Zerkalo

Next on my list are some Preston HexMesh Bullet feeders or similar for Bream fishing with my dad, bullet feeder will make a change from the bottom weighted Guru Distance feeders I've been using. But I can wait a few weeks for that.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
3000 spools of Maxima line of varying sizes and 80 Acolyte rods.

Waiting to cash in when the right threads come along.

Whisker

Site Supporter
I went for the large cos it holds 12 kits ...why is it a faff , takes a couple of minutes to set up 🤷‍♂️
Not seen one up close, just going on the pic so I could be wrong.
Bought the matrix extending side tray and found that to be a faff, think I used it twice before selling it. Prolly found that a faff because I was so used to my old one.

Silver fan 82

They were small enough and still in enough of a winter slumber that they’d have been alright on an elasticated one but would have probably not gone well on a flick tip 😬
I've hooked and lost a few decent fish on the flick tip in the past. Not intentionally fishing for them. The tip goes round and I'm thinking it's either the tip or line that's going to give. Luckily I've never had a tip break though.

dave brittain 1

A grandslam pole kit roost. £18 and a bargain providing it's as good as it looks. Don't see the point in paying much more given how often I use them, it must be the tight northerner in me :ROFLMAO:

20210225_182411.jpg

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Not seen one up close, just going on the pic so I could be wrong.
Bought the matrix extending side tray and found that to be a faff, think I used it twice before selling it. Prolly found that a faff because I was so used to my old one.
I don’t see why you worry about things being a faff , you get an hour or more to set up for a match, and doesn’t matter if you’re pleasure fishing .... I’ve got a Maver pro extending side tray which takes probably 2 minutes to set up 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I don’t see why you worry about things being a faff , you get an hour or more to set up for a match, and doesn’t matter if you’re pleasure fishing
You want to get set up ASAP pleasure fishing when you’ve got to get as much fishing in as possible before the circus of swimmers and boaters start up 😅 often get the better conditions early on as well

Or get out of bed earlier but there’s a limit of what I can do with that 🥱

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
You want to get set up ASAP pleasure fishing when you’ve got to get as much fishing in as possible before the circus of swimmers and boaters start up 😅 often get the better conditions early on as well

Or get out of bed earlier but there’s a limit of what I can do with that 🥱
If I’m pleasure fishing I’m not in a busting rush to get set up, I still set up methodically, take my time plumbing up all my lines, clipping up rods , riddling bait , looking for signs of fish etc.etc 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️Difference is I’ll only fish for 5-6 hours , most pleasure anglers fish for 10 hours !!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
If I’m pleasure fishing I’m not in a busting rush to get set up, I still set up methodically, take my time plumbing up all my lines, clipping up rods , riddling bait , looking for signs of fish etc.etc 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️Difference is I’ll only fish for 5-6 hours , most pleasure anglers fish for 10 hours !!
I don’t rush but I do try to be as efficient as possible on the rivers as it almost always fishes best early on. Less of a worry on the lakes as they don’t get the general public joining in!

I don’t know how people fish for 10 hours 6-7 hours is plenty for me. Any longer I’d be worn out. Did a 10 hour charter trip once and it nearly killed me had to nap between spots towards the end 😂

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I don’t rush but I do try to be as efficient as possible on the rivers as it almost always fishes best early on. Less of a worry on the lakes as they don’t get the general public joining in!

I don’t know how people fish for 10 hours 6-7 hours is plenty for me. Any longer I’d be worn out. Did a 10 hour charter trip once and it nearly killed me had to nap between spots towards the end 😂
Yes but you only have 2 rods and a chair to set up , I could do that in 2 minutes 😂😂😂😂

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yes but you only have 2 rods and a chair to set up , I could do that in 2 minutes 😂😂😂😂
True usually only 2, 3 rods tops. From arriving at a peg 15-30 minutes is enough for me, depends how much plumbing, getting the float right and what not is required really.

Whisker

Site Supporter
For matches, if got a few top kits to plumb up, time is of the essence.
For pleasure, usually summer time down the margins for me and I’ll travel light, only taking what I’ll actually use.
Or like tomorrow, I’ll be playing about: chuck a tip out, a bit of waggler fishing and I might try the pellet wag. Won’t be rushing for sure.

Zerkalo

Setting up more than one rod is a faff for me most of the time. 😆 I try to do long sessions in Summer though. Say if I'm fishing the Severn I want to get there early, mega early in Summer, to get the peg I want.

Then there's always a nagging feeling once the sun comes up that I'm going to have to wait for witching hour to get a bite, so that could theoretically mean over 12 hours on the bank. It's not often I've actually managed that though and would have to be up for it because I get fatigued pretty easily.