What's the smallest fish you've caught?

WickerDave

Site Supporter
I missed a bite close in on meat yesterday and this poor thing was impaled on the strike.

DSC05074.JPG

Since it wasn’t going to survive I dropped it back in to see if anything would take it and then missed the sail away bite that came quickly, which took it off the hook. A half ounce perch, maybe?

Dusty

I missed a bite close in on meat yesterday and this poor thing was impaled on the strike.

DSC05074.JPG

Since it wasn’t going to survive I dropped it back in to see if anything would take it and then missed the sail away bite that came quickly, which took it off the hook. A half ounce perch, maybe?

I caught a minnow on the Derwent fishing with @Yuccaman and decided to chuck it out as livebait.
Upon reeling it in the entire body had been eaten leaving only the head akin to a sketch from a cartoon. Yucca couldn’t contain himself.
It turned out to be crayfish.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’ve impaled a few fry like that but suppose for those caught fair and square a minnow would be the smallest.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
We used to fish for things like that in Winter Leagues and the Bank Runner would bring tales of "Whatca had, best in your section is 30 pairs of eyes"
Carried a razor blade to cut squatts into thirds for hookbait on size 28 and 30 hooks but single Joker was the best where allowed.
The razor blade was also handy if you blanked :D

duudiz

Stream stalker
Not the smallest I have ever caught, but for shear ratio I had to laugh at this small Chub I caught on the Dane last month.

D38943FD-0F3C-4B84-AC74-97090F1B6FCA.jpeg

Last edited:

SpenBeck

Site Supporter
Had a teeny tiny bullhead on a lobby head and size 8 hook! The fish was nowhere near the hook, it was gagging on the lobby, which was just as big as it. Saved me a blank on a flooded river.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
There’s a stream I fish once or twice a year, and the odd stickleback usually puts in an appearance 6187ACF2-D4B9-499C-8BD7-82B739997733.jpeg

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I used to fish a local club water that was full of sticklebacks. Used to catch loads of them.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
fished a pub match years ago on trent was in flood during winter caught a minnow or stickleback cant remember chucked it back found out later i was only one to catch a fish all day could have won the match :cry:

TrickyD

Site Supporter
missed the sail away bite that came quickly, which took it off the hook. A half ounce perch, maybe?
I was fishing the River Mole years ago, sacking up on minnows, when a pound plus roach took one on the way in, so yours could have been anything.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I once weighed in 24 fish for 2oz for 3rd place and a bit o' coin... squatt on a 24 @6m in 18" of water in 5 hours... grueller isn't the word