Whats the best float rod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick G

Whats the best float rod for catching everything from gudgen to 14lb carp?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Mick,

Have you a price range in mind or just generalising?

I've just got a Maver Nembo Power 14 for Chrimbo which looks like it'll more than do the job - only thing is I've yet to get a fish on it [:D]

Try www.floats-direct.com if you want to see some good deals with Maver Rods and tell Roger we sent you

Cheers,

Dave

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Make,model, price??

Non of that matters to be honest.

The best float rod is the one you feel right with, does it feel balanced to you, do you think it will handle the fish you are trying to tempt, does it have everything you'd want in a rod?

Something like 60% of rods have the same blanks now-a-days anyway, you just pay extra for a different reel seat, different rings/eyes, some stickers & a bit of makeup.

I have a normark match rod thats landed some fair sized carp (into the low 20's) but to be honest i wouldn't want to do it again. [:eek:]

I would suggest you contact somewhere like Floats direct (prices you can't pick fault with) & ask for an honest opinion or you could even ask around you local tackle shops, the ones i'd trust are those who won't immediatly try & sell you the most expensive rod in the shop.

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:I have a normark match rod thats landed some fair sized carp (into the low 20's)

So who was using it at the time.[?][:D][:D][:D]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

ray

lol peter.

prepare your meat at home and bin the tin.
"clean banks campaign"

Mick G

Thanks for the ideas guys. The rods I had in mind were Preston Innovations 13ft Carbonactive, the MAP Parabolix and Carbotec F.A.S.T. No. 2. but some of these are quite expensive...:/

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have been using a Leeda Generation X 13ft. Biggest fish was a 10lb carp and rod felt good. I got mine for 65 quid.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

Mikey A

At the moment i'm using the Shimano (fast action) Hyperloop 13ft. Have caught everything on this rod including double figure carp off the surface...highly recommended at 45.[;)]

Mikey

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
At the moment im using the Shakespear Odessa Gold 13ft match rod. Excellent little rod had it for about two years now 60 cant fault it. Had carp to 7lb on it coped fine with them, Chub and Barbel havent been a problem yet. Highly recommended [:D]

Tight lines [:D]

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
shimano hyperloop range are brilliant value for money! im going to get 2 of the korum new rods, float and feeder!

Mikey A

Alright gingert....

is the Korum part of the hyperloop range[?][?]

If so I need a new feeder rod so i might have a look at them..
Shimano also do hyperloop carp rods which look the part aswell for all you carpers out there[;)]

Mikey

pritch

i use a drennan im8 13 ft super waggler, not used a better rod for all purpose waggler and light stick fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.