Whats on your Side tray?

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
A very good day had by both of us - the windy poles were the tool of the day. I purposely left my pole at home along with rollers and other associated stuff so not to use it, and tbh I had a thoroughly enjoyable time even though the weather wasn't shorts and trainers as promised.

As for vintage reel @DevonDangler , you should have seen the float, that was older still ;) - Drennan Stillwater Blue 4BB circa 1977

Still worked and like thee ABU501, a pleasure to use (y)

Stillwater Blues! Now you’re making my mouth water. My favourite floats, wish I still had some for using on the canal 🎣

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I don't like the double handles, always think they're awkward

rudd

Site Supporter
Stuff of dreams that 😍 I wish Drennan would make them again 😢
I still have a few, sold a set of drennan lift floats last year on the bay for a stupid amount!
Also have canal grays which are similer to blues.
Will be selling some skuds soon - should work on the cut 😯😯😯

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
I still have a few, sold a set of drennan lift floats last year on the bay for a stupid amount!
Also have canal grays which are similer to blues.
Will be selling some skuds soon - should work on the cut 😯😯😯

There’s a thought, I think I may have a few Canal Greys in my float tubes somewhere, I may have to search them out 👍

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
What do you keep on your side tray?

Just saying....

2021-02-2609.49.473240422931353359017.jpg
6 3 pint tubs of pellets ,micros ,corn,maggots ,casters ,various hookers ,then at the front a sliding tub with groundbait. Not always full but i still struggle where to put other stuff like hook boxes ,fags ,pellet bander ,ive thrown 2 banders in the drink throwing pellets lol left hand has 2 numpty figures 😅

Midwater Brand Manager

Site Supporter
Are you attempting to tempt the few still feeding maggots with the meat pie? Was it you or the tackle shop that mixed up the old bait with the new lol Have you a bag for that bait tray yet?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The pie was for sustenance as the gifter thought I was looking malnourished :)
The maggots were left over from the week previous and kept in my bait fridge
And, somewhere within the depths of Rochdale a well recommended company are making me a custom bag for the tray ;)

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
My side tray starts off with bait, disgorger, scissors, fags and lighter and plummet. By the end of the match it has everything bar the kitchen sink (not the cracked one).

Zerkalo

Couple of schoolboy errors in that pic. Disgorger is too big for Bleak (other one in the tackle box) and no water on the hemp (it will dry out like that).