What's on the box this Xmas?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Anything worth watching on telly?

I go to my sisters to watch films and TV series a couple of times a week and we've just finished all three season of Twin Peaks. They want to start watching The Wire again (I've only seen series one, apparently the best TV series going). And so watched a couple of Fritz Lang movies with Edward G. Robinsion (Scarlet Street and The Woman in The Window on youtube and Netflix). Can't beat the oldies, these are classics, not for everyone but I do love those types of old film! Can't really see anything having just googled for Christmas TV. What are you watching? Doesn't have to be festive...

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Just in case it's the usual sh1t, such as Star Wars, I stock up with some DVDs , cheap from eBay,. Here are a few for my perusal
IMG_20191220_144849.jpg
Oh and Elf, several times.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My DVD collection is shocking. Recently I just type 'PizzaFlix Film Noir' into youtube going to sleep every night.

Wouldn't be christmas without repeats, Mr Bean, Only Fools etc

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Gavin & Stacey Xmas special, will we find out what happened on the fishing trip....

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
3 hours of BBC Breakfast on Christmas morning. Great effort by the BBC to start the day festively. Later on you can watch Midsummer Murders. Just a bit of light entertainment fun packed viewing to cheer you up if you are alone. And I guarantee Christmas Specials with no sign of the festive season so they can be repeated later in the year without looking out of place. And of course the TV soaps, yawn.

Absolutely no imagination from the planners.

Time was when we would start the day with the feel good sight of kids in hospital being cheered up by Max Bygraves handing out gifts and I think singing the odd song. Then we would have some old silent movie comedies, a good film in the afternoon, TV premier, not a re-run of an oft shown standard. Morecambe & Wise/The Two Ronnies in the evening. Proper comedy and proper Christmas TV.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Flicking through the double edition Radio Times I noticed both Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are on one of the freeview channels.

Bit disappointed that Die Hard isn't on.
1576878606374.png

Simon

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Saturday 20th
10.45 C5. The African Queen
Tuesday 24th
22.00 ITV4. Unforgiven
Wednesday 25th
ITV4. Spartacus
No Great Escape
No Where Eagles Dare
No Wallace and Grommitt.
Boo!

Dusty

A few of the new Bond films have been on recently, not sure if they are playing the whole lot or not on ITV.