Whats happening with the weather?

Mike_Globe

Always on a Flier
Site Supporter
50mph winds forecast for later on at exactly the time I’ll be pegging a 2 man bivvy out!! Typical 😂

Simon R

Site Supporter
Monday we were sat on the beach at Whitby, 99s in hand

Had my Barbour on this morning to walk the dog - 50mph winds from the north - 11C - it is, as we say up here, absolutely Baltic :p :p

Simon

davylad

Site Supporter
I went today and had another great day, are the fish getting their heads down to get a bit of beef on for winter maybe? I fished with the wind and heavy rain on my back, but there was a lad on the far bank fishing into a 50 + mph wind, lashing down with rain too. He maybe thought the fish would be there, but not surprising I didn't see him get much and he wrapped in after a couple of hours. I've just put the fire on for the first time, as the missus is feeling a bit cold.

rudd

Site Supporter
I went today and had another great day, are the fish getting their heads down to get a bit of beef on for winter maybe? I fished with the wind and heavy rain on my back, but there was a lad on the far bank fishing into a 50 + mph wind, lashing down with rain too. He maybe thought the fish would be there, but not surprising I didn't see him get much and he wrapped in after a couple of hours. I've just put the fire on for the first time, as the missus is feeling a bit cold.
Just back from patrol, one member only - Couple of carp and a Tench and he lost ankther something last cast.

Maverick

Site Supporter
Only one carp and a few skimmers yesterday. Everyone was struggling and it was blowing a hoolie.

Had to rig up a little gripper butt rest to stop the landing net from continually getting blown into the lake.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
thats this weekends forecast for here

40 to 50mph winds, and heavy rain at times sat and sun

will leave it this weekend, and go visit mum for the update on the protests, booked on a match for next sunday, it being my birthday, normally I would fish one certain swim on the stour over to canterbury or go for the day down to folkestone pier and chuck a big lead

though this clubbie gg on a local pond has won this year

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Bottled it yesterday lunchtime due to 40mph winds on our site but this morning looks much better after a quick session in work - cold and bright with a bit of colour in the river

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Looks like wind and rain forecast for next weekend so might have to force myself out tomorrow or it’ll be over a couple weeks without fishing which won’t do. Proper blowy though struggling to think of any stretch that won’t be freezing and borderline unfishable.

Lcn

Went on the pier last night in what the weather app was say saying was gusts of wind to 28mph . Don’t know where they got that from but it was a lot more than that and it was pretty much constant and not gusts either . Because there was meant to be a bit of wind I took rough ground rods and even the tips on them were constantly rattling like a smackhead making bite detection awkward and every now and then a really big gust hit and would lift the rod butts up and spin the rod sideways , good job I use the foam twist wraps as rod rests to lock the rod to the top bar in case of smoothounds because it would have been easy for one go over . Some of the waves that hit were massive and shook the end of the pier when they hit . Was only getting doggies and tings so when I started seeing lightning out at sea I packed up in case it started getting closer .

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Can only imagine what the seas looking like 😬 was waves on the outboard test tank at work yesterday never mind the sea 😂

rudd

Site Supporter
Is it seeking asylum? :eek:
Dont worry, there are quite few Harwich ladies who play for Felixstowe hockey club with my Daughter(s).
One is bringing it to game against Ipswich later 😀

rudd

Site Supporter
Dont worry, there are quite few Harwich ladies who play for Felixstowe hockey club with my Daughter(s).
One is bringing it to game against Ipswich later 😀

Apparently it hit and sunk the Harwich/Felixstowe/Shotley foot ferry - moored ar Harwich! 😬

16011201120701215136399.jpg

JRW

Site Supporter
The fishing has been dire this week and it's not the cold temperatures or the wind.

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday at White Acres was hot with no wind and nobody catching much. We averaged about one carp an hour on Twin Oaks and Trelawney. Wednesday at Bolingey was a bit cooler and the fishing a bit better but nowhere near what you would expect at that venue. We'd had enough by this time and decided to head for home early. The weather forecast for Thursday and Friday changed from just unpleasant to unsafe. Horizontal rain and wind gusts of 54 mph. I'm curious to know how the residents matches went on Thursday and Friday but White Acres don't appear to publish them now. Anybody know?

davylad

Site Supporter
My hats flown over the Orwell estuary into Essex 😯
I lost a hat that Adrian Lamb gave me in 1995, it was his Queensland State of origin cap. It flew off my head whilst boat fishing out of Whitby, first a seagull tried to pick it up, then a seal came to have a look, before it floated off towards Norway. :(