Whats happening with the weather?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
At the beginning of this week it was warm and relatively sunny.
Wednesday rain
Yesterday temperatures dropped into single figure with threatened ground frost, thunderous rain, hailstones,
Today, cool, blustery, no rain as yet

Are the fish feeling it yet?

Are you feeling it yet?

:D

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Love this time of Year, think we are in for a Proper winter this year especially with all the spring like winters we had the last few years.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It's windy. One of my moms plants blew over in the garden. I will still hopefully have a Barbel rod out tomorrow.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I don't know about elsewhere, but just got back from lake duties. only 5 fishing and all 5 struggling for bites.

As for anglers feeling it, there's no such thing as feeling cold...it's called 'inadequate clothing'. :p

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
There's still some floating pellets on my pond alongside the Lillies from yesterday - normally they'd have been snaffled up overnight

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
As always the weather on our Island is dictated by the direction of the wind. The moving high or low pressure systems partially directed by the jetstream control the wind direction.
The northerly airflow is always cold given where it is blowing from obviously and the opposite is warm southerlies,add east or west into the mix and that too has an effect.
This is how it has always been and nothing to do with any climate change garbage the alarmists love to spout and I confess to being a bit of a weather geek because it has such an effect on all my outdoor pursuits and also my business.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Chucking it down today with winds up to 27mph.
Gutted really I wanted a days fishing before work this weekend.

smiffy

Site Supporter
Until we get a few frosts I doubt the rivers will feel much effect. A bit of colour in them would help locally. Still choked with weed at the moment so we need a few frosts. Still a month ish away from them though.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Due to adverse weather conditions that may be coming .
For those in the South, dont venture out unless really necessary. Take a flask of soup with you and dont forget your overcoat,hat scarves ,and ,gloves.

For those in the North..
A Vest is optional.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
The equinox that took us from summer to autumn is what happened! It’s been a bit exaggerated by the storm in the Atlantic it seems though.

Big drop in temperature probably knocked the fish a little initially but they’ve probably settled again by now. Have to say I’m not fancying it at the weekend in the wind though! It was enough of a pain last weekend but at least it was warm and awkward rather than the cold and awkward we’ll get this weekend. Still tempted to have a go Sunday morning though.

Total

Site Supporter
The equinox that took us from summer to autumn is what happened! It’s been a bit exaggerated by the storm in the Atlantic it seems though.

Big drop in temperature probably knocked the fish a little initially but they’ve probably settled again by now. Have to say I’m not fancying it at the weekend in the wind though! It was enough of a pain last weekend but at least it was warm and awkward rather than the cold and awkward we’ll get this weekend. Still tempted to have a go Sunday morning though.

Get the boat out! :love::geek::ROFLMAO: