What's happening in the fishing news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well I've had my head stuck in the computers for the last few days and nights, burning the midnight oil on several occasions and haven't had time to scour the 'net, buy the A/Mail or A/Times (okay before there are any liablous comments - 'borrow' the A/Mail or A/Times') and generally loosing touch with the outside world.

So what's been happening in the fishing world, have I missed it all?
We can't have The Maggot Times without upto date news otherwise we'll have to call it something like
'The Maggot Bun'

Dave

Tim

Hi Dave,
I know the feeling about burning the midnight oil with the run-up to christmas, I've never put so many hours in.

I had heard something about the rudd record being broken but that was all.

Tim

ada

brummie
once again the dangling times feature on where to fish this weekend contains the same fisheries as in previous weeks.listen to the advice given you would fish the same venues every week.I have read the advice on fisheries listed,turned up to fish a match and spoke to the owner,only to be told"who told you maggots the bait,you need cat meat!"or something similar on quite a few occasions.the clubman results section is much better as the results are sent in by match secretaries, not owners after your fivers.

bart4real

The Angling Times is a complete waste of paper. This comic professes to represent the interests of anglers but they do not. As match anglers, we get preached to by other disciplines of the sport by third rate specimen hunters and then we are told how to fish matches by those who haven't fished a match for years. They have brought the comic out a day early to compete with the Mail and in doing so miss out most of the results. I only ever bought the rubbish to see the match results and after three phone calls, they still put my previous sponsors down in the match results. I have had it with this lot and will never buy another one ever. I mean, why not have someone writing reports who goes fishing rather than someone from then office who looks at pictures all day. Those 'where to fish' things are totally inaccurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.