Whats going on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jukebox1

Chelsea looking about as much use as tits on a paving slab, City dropping points like nobody's business and Villa heading where they belong.....the next league down.

Not to mention Val Gaals head that looks like a haggis thats been hit by a truck [:p]

Very wide open league this year and would be awesome if Leicester could keep going and win [:T]

Whats your thoughts?

jukebox1

DFL

Site Supporter
My thoughts are, if you pay a percentage of footballers so much money they have trouble in finding ways to spend it, money they receive if they play or stay on the bench, money they receive win or lose. No longer an if, that summit has been reached and surpassed. It would all be well and good if the hunger, desire and passion wasn't drowned by these riches. We have players that aren't in that league (yet), the James Vardys of this world are taking full advantage of a unique moment in time in the premiership, I'd like to say "long may it last" but the business end of the industry will catch up with them. Most of this governed by an organisation rotten to the core.

We use to get the odd surprise and "freak" results but they can no longer be described as freak. City, Utd, Arsenal and my team Chelsea have all been outclassed and outplayed by teams with a budget a mere fraction of the super teams, the fear factor the big four once posessed exists no longer and the era of a team dominating the league for several seasons has gone too.

As depressed as I am seeing my club go from top to bottom in the blink of an eye, it's actually a good thing for football in general when unpredictability rules.

shang

Great result for Bournemouth but how do we explain Chelsea's shocking loss of form when they're basically the same team as last year.

It can't all be down to the departure of the fitty Doctor

[;)]

jukebox1

Originally posted by DFL

My thoughts are, if you pay a percentage of footballers so much money they have trouble in finding ways to spend it, money they receive if they play or stay on the bench, money they receive win or lose. No longer an if, that summit has been reached and surpassed. It would all be well and good if the hunger, desire and passion wasn't drowned by these riches. We have players that aren't in that league (yet), the James Vardys of this world are taking full advantage of a unique moment in time in the premiership, I'd like to say "long may it last" but the business end of the industry will catch up with them. Most of this governed by an organisation rotten to the core.

We use to get the odd surprise and "freak" results but they can no longer be described as freak. City, Utd, Arsenal and my team Chelsea have all been outclassed and outplayed by teams with a budget a mere fraction of the super teams, the fear factor the big four once posessed exists no longer and the era of a team dominating the league for several seasons has gone too.

As depressed as I am seeing my club go from top to bottom in the blink of an eye, it's actually a good thing for football in general when unpredictability rules.
Fair play mate...you sound a good sport and share many sentimemts of my own.
Also your last phrase is refreshing to read and it's a great time to support a team out of the top 5. None of them are doing particularly well and it makes for more enjoyable viewing in my opinion.
All we need now is the Manc to post telling is were deluded and should be ashamed of ourselves for not being loyal [:D][;)]

jukebox1

Originally posted by shang

Great result for Bournemouth but how do we explain Chelsea's shocking loss of form when they're basically the same team as last year.

[;)]
I think that decision may run deeper than most realise mate.

Maybe Terry was knocking the back out of it and has led the players on a revolt now [:D][:D]

DFL

Site Supporter
Originally posted by shang

[;)]

It's not all down to the Evagate episode although I'm convinced there is much more to that story than we know, however it is one of many elements that has seen the fall of the champions.

It is recognised throughout the football world that Jose is a supremely good manager and he has walked on water virtually wherever he has worked but now every element has aligned against him in a way he could never imagine, he'll come out all the better for this I'm sure but I'm afraid it most probably won't be with Chelsea though.

What nobody seems to allude to is the fact that many of Chelsea's performances this season have been no better or worse than their performances during the second part of last season, mediocre at best. It was only the weakness of the other teams not to mount a serious challenge which in the end handed us the title on a plate, a title won pre season with good signings and some great football in the early part of the campaign.

The big difference now is fear, teams would face Chelsea hoping maybe a draw was a possibility, now they come to the Bridge without that fear and play open football and truly express themselves. Chelsea have conceded a few shocking goals but many have been world class from non world class players, Charlie Adams for example, in the past players were to fearful to attempt stuff like that. The same is true against City, Utd and Arsenal as I said in my previous post.

We've lost the driving force that won us so much silverware in a very short period, Ashley, Petr, Frank and Didier, with two exceptions replacements have been mediocre.

I think we'll be in for a rocky couple of years now but having a very rich and very passionate and dedicated owner we'll be back up there again soon.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Wide open and entertaining yes, aside from utd, but not losing many so could be worse.

Great to see Leicester up there admittedly, but don't be too quick to make Vardy out to be this rare breed of under paid over worked footballer. As I eluded to in another thread, I found his injury that lasted for just the international break a little too convenient during his pursuit of the record either side of the break. I know many (fans, players and clubs) don't think England is that higher a priority these days, but that is one thing wrong with the modern game, fascinating season in the prem or not.

jukebox1

Originally posted by Pontius Pilate

Did west ham not batter liverpool ?

Yep....just like Wolfsberg are gonna do to your lot on Tuesday night [:T]
Glad your back posting PP but one question.......how does it feel to watch your club 'parking the bus' when you were so critical of the plastics for doing this [:D][:D][:p][:p][:T]

mansfield lad

"Did West Ham not batter Liverpool" pmsl. What sort of jibe is that? It's like saying "Arsenal battered you but Liverpool drew there". Childish comment there Paul.

I've got a couple of genuine questions.
1) What do you think to LvG's comments regarding Suarez/Aguero? Out of all the names he could use to say "would score a goal for you" he uses them 2. Suarez would never play for Man Utd after all the abuse he's received after the Evra incident. Sure the fans will love LvG even more now.
2) The Man Utd board have reportedly said they are not interested in Guardiola and are giving 200 million to LvG instead to spend. Surely Guardiola would bring out the best of the players you already have. I think it's clear that a lot of the players are miffed and unhappy under LvG (double training sessions and surprise evening sessions also being reported). I'm starting to think Rooney isn't bothered under LvG.
3) What are your thoughts on all the "prawn sandwich brigade" moaning about Man Utd with the position they're in. I personally think Keane was right about what he said about 10 year ago. Of those 75000 fans there each week I bet 15000 are proper die hards and the rest are the moaners.

Good luck for Wolfsburg. Very surprised you've struggled to qualify from that group already especially after LvG said Man Utd are fully equipped to win the Champions League, I see he's retreated from that comment yesterday saying they're not good enough to win it.

mansfield lad

25/08/2015 20:00, Report by Mark Froggatt
1 of 2 Next
Van Gaal: United can win Champions League

Louis van Gaal believes his youthful Manchester United side is capable of winning the UEFA Champions League, should it progress past Club Brugge, although the boss has stopped short of comparing the Reds to his Ajax team that famously lifted the trophy in 1995.

mansfield lad

Van Gaal: United not good enough to win the Champions League
Date published: Sunday 6th December 2015 9:37
Louis van Gaal: Says United need to improve
Louis van Gaal: Says United need to improve
Louis van Gaal says Manchester United are not good enough to win the Champions League this season.

Van Gaals men were held to another goalless draw at home to West Ham on Saturday their fifth in the last nine games and they have slipped three points behind leaders Leicester.

DFL

Site Supporter
All I know is LVG is keeping the spotlight off Jose at the moment, not for long I'd guess.

RUDDLES

Could be a plane over old Trafford soon all them
All them mancs booing there team off yesterday ,
I think utd may win title this year as boring as they are ..

pole addict

The way the game is played evolves and changes and goes in cycles.

The last few years a lot of teams have been trying to copy the way Barca play. Possession being the key factor and patience in build up play.

This season there seems to be a return to pace and counter attacking.
Pressing the opposition higher up the pitch. Hustling and bustling.

Now teams don't need superstar players, they need a good number of grafters in there too.

Teams without the workrate and players with conviction, are the ones struggling.

That's my opinion, make of it what you will.

SevernTraveller

As a Stoke fan it gives me nothing but satisfaction to know that United now play the long ball game more than we do [:D]

As a true Brit though what is going on with the PL,this year we are struggling in the CL and our clubs look well off even some of the average sides in it.

mansfield lad

Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd could possibly all go out this week. Worrying times for English football

Status
Not open for further replies.