Whats going on for goodness sake?

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
Guys before anyone says each to their own, or we all have free choice I'll tell you a tale and its true. If you go over the Trent at the A1 pits part you can see for yourself, as since 16th came and past a guy is fishing the river with only what I can say is the kitchen sink.

He has what looks like a caravan, awning and bevy set up. It looks like nothing I've seen before honest, and is really taking the mick I feel. I know folk camp out now for barbel, but what is it really all coming too. I understand a thread done just this week on not understanding fishing for barbel, right now it makes good sense to me. One chap on here said he did 3 long trips blanked and then had a cracker, traveled a long way to, that's what its about, not sitting on one river peg all week. I despair what angling is coming to I really do, catch at all cost. What about a bit of respect for the farmer, wildlife and others? I know I'll get slated, but hay?
Rick mate, each to their own choices!

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
Most camper vans and caravans have their own toilet ! There is no excuse for them to leave anything worse than tyre marks !

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’d be shot if I dropped the kids off in our campervan loo, rule is strictly liquids only. We’re already looking for a portable loo to use outside for when the campsites reopen presumably initially without facilities.

rudd

Site Supporter
When I win the lottery my VW Transporter and awning will be in Realtree.
Time will be spent along the Trent, Severn, Wye, Broads, Thames as well as all around the coast.
If I can fish out of the van I will.
Whether I am fishing a stick for Roach, bolilies for Carp, lugworm for Cod or fluff chucking I will wear drab green, mud brown or camouflage.

Right, better think of a few numbers!

The guy next to A1 has either driven down from somewhere like Aberdeen for a week to fish that spot or just fancied using his van as caravan and camping is still not permissible UNLESS fishing.?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The guy next to A1 has either driven down from somewhere like Aberdeen for a week to fish that spot or just fancied using his van as caravan and camping is still not permissible UNLESS fishing.?

Technically as a caravan or campervan isn't classed as fishing tackle he shouldn't be using it.

Nightfishing was allowed as bivvys are classed as fishing equipment ;)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Interesting you say that Dave as me and my dad wondered about whether that would be the case when we saw the guys set up on the thames yesterday. I suppose some people buy their campervans specifically for fishing so would kind of being fishing equipment. Same would probably apply to fishing boats, if you've got one with berths I assume you could stay on it at the moment.

rudd

Site Supporter
Interesting you say that Dave as me and my dad wondered about whether that would be the case when we saw the guys set up on the thames yesterday. I suppose some people buy their campervans specifically for fishing so would kind of being fishing equipment. Same would probably apply to fishing boats, if you've got one with berths I assume you could stay on it at the moment.
Plenty of boats moored up in Orwell and Deben for the weekend.
All had some form of rod or line over the back of course! ?

chris1967

Site Supporter
I fished a match yesterday where i wish i had that kind of set up ,could have had a couple of hours kip woke up made some dinner then fished the last hour and a half . ;)

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Wish I had all that today to be honest, no room for even a brolly and the banks were treacherous. Roll on some nice sunny days and dry banks.

rudd

Site Supporter
Technically as a caravan or campervan isn't classed as fishing tackle he shouldn't be using it.

Nightfishing was allowed as bivvys are classed as fishing equipment ;)
What about my new realtree speedos and facemask? ?
Cant wait to get down the beach although during testing my wife said why camo speedos theres nothing to hide!!!?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
@Zerkalo been horrible today hasn’t it, you picked the wrong day it was lovely Tuesday and ok most of yesterday :) not looking to clever next few days tbh, probably bearable at best, but looking glorious next week even too hot at times!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Bit of a bad day to try to reintroduce my dad to river fishing indeed! He sat on a picnic blanket halfway up the bank and me on a lopsided chair that had sunk into the mud. And the more you move about the more slippy the banks become so we didn’t last long. Be back out again soon though. (y)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Common sense would be for me to wait until Monday to go again when both the weather is better and the weekend crowds have departed. Will definitely go then anyway but that’s a long time stuck at home though so might brave a short session tomorrow as well. Got the bug again big time after a couple days back on the river. I’d take my day shelter but I frankly can’t be bothered with the faff of putting it up, I’ve used it twice in 2 years lol

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It was busy enough today, car park full at 5am so I dread to think what it would have been like had the weather been nice lol

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah from that point of view I’m glad we don’t have many barbel around here! Been busy the last couple days but that’ll dissipate a bit once the initial rush is over and the matches get started again next weekend. Luckily a couple of the stretches I fish are very long so would take a hell of a lot of anglers for you not to get a decent spot.