Whats going on for goodness sake?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
At the A1 Pits there is a private peg just downstream of the road bridge where someone connected to the land owner parks his caravan for long sessions

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
This is about as close to a peg I’ve got the campervan, on the Thames at chertsey. I had a nice bag of roach, dace, perch and of course flipping bleak. Was a barbel angler on the next peg, didn’t see them catch but then I was only there for one night. Another good spot for river carp apparently. Not my bike I may add ;)
1592412737125.jpeg
1592412822682.jpeg

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
guess people have more spare time on there hands but looks like time limits may be needed same as more and more carp syndicates are doing

Brian Lody

Site Supporter
What every single one of them that bivvy- up???thats a bit strong
Well go down there and see what crawls out of the bivvies in the morning.
They will all be asleep with the rods out.
guess people have more spare time on there hands but looks like time limits may be needed same as more and more carp syndicates are doing
Council just need to send some enforcement officers down there and bust them for littering/lighting fires.
Then plod needs to check them for drugs.
Soon clear the swims out.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
pretty near every time I go fishing on the canal theres a campervan parked very close to me

Simon90

Barbel fishing is the new Carp Fishing unfortunately
Please tell me it ain't so...
Should I be expecting bivvy's and bite alarms on a river bank near me soon?
I thought one of the keys to success with barbel was to be mobile. Or maybe that's what I'm doing wrong!

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Please tell me it ain't so...
Should I be expecting bivvy's and bite alarms on a river bank near me soon?
I thought one of the keys to success with barbel was to be mobile. Or maybe that's what I'm doing wrong!

I still love a good Rove about (y)

Silver fan 82

If the anglers in question tidy up after themselves and aren't breaking any fishery rules then whats the problem!?
Please someone give me a legitimate answer.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
I don't it's a problem unless one angler or a group of anglers occupy the same peg for too long. If I was single and could afford a campervan, I would use it for fishing.

Rick123

Site Supporter
If the anglers in question tidy up after themselves and aren't breaking any fishery rules then whats the problem!?
Please someone give me a legitimate answer.

Siver/fan. The problem is they don't always clear up the pee and s**t they produce do they? Someone else may want to fish that swim for a few a hours, and cannot due to the long stay angler. The next angler has to fish in all the rubbish, or the farmer has to clean it all up. Many don't have that type of permission and bend the existing rules, the farmer and club allow bivies and they take advantage and the club get the stick. Hows that for a legitimate answer three of them. I can think of more if you like? Like social responsibility and such.

People think its because you're jealous (sadly that's putting their own mindset on others) , but it's more to do with people not thinking about others, the farmer, next angler, environment, the club that owns the water. But its just mu view and other are welcome the theirs, we seem 50/50 about now.

Rick123

Site Supporter
Funny but I get the syndicate part. One I joined had a 48 hours no return, just to make it fair on others. By paying £500 plus you get the privilege to fish and camp. But on a simple day ticket water open to all, I just don't think it's cricket, there is a difference I believe.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I once set up on the banks of the Trent, quite happily in my chosen swim, and as I was sitting down with a cuppa having congratulated myself for getting everything set and lines in the water in a reasonable time, the waft of schit hit me

Some dirty bugger had been using the bushes to the side of me as a toilet for what looked like more than a few days stay. Bog paper and schit in a pile behind the bush. Obviously the production of more than a couple of days, but why the heck they couldn't have used a bucket and bag I do not know.

I complained to the bailiff who came round shortly after and lent him my folding spade to clear it up, which he wasn't impressed about doing