Whats better ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mookie

mookie
Can anyone give me some advice....whats better styls or shot or olivettes for pole fishing???

Cheers lads and lasses

MOOK

MALC

Personaly i use shot for pole rigs upto 1grm, over 1grm it's normaly olivets with the exception of paste fishing when i'll use large shot such as a bulk of AAA or SSG.
Found in the past that styls were to fidly to put on and prone to tangling and the micro shot these days a so good i never have problems with moving them on fine hook lengths such as .055 Pro 3

mookie

mookie
quote:Thanks for the reply Malc, are you going on the chatline tonight?
Personaly i use shot for pole rigs upto 1grm, over 1grm it's normaly olivets with the exception of paste fishing when i'll use large shot such as a bulk of AAA or SSG.
Found in the past that styls were to fidly to put on and prone to tangling and the micro shot these days a so good i never have problems with moving them on fine hook lengths such as .055 Pro 3

AlexR

i always use shot, but styles can be useful (i think) for shallow on the drop fishing because they have a higher surface area than shot so they create more resistane and sink slower. i also use olivettes on floats over 1g.

;)

mookie

mookie
i always use shot, but styles can be useful (i think) for shallow on the drop fishing because they have a higher surface area than shot so they create more resistane and sink slower. i also use olivettes on floats over 1g.

Cheers AlexR -- For your comments, hope you chat with you on the chatline soon...
Mook

Status
Not open for further replies.