What would you have done?

Whitty

I would have dobbed him in and told him he was a cheating g#t,I hate cheats,I was weighing in an open at Radwell on the Ouse near Bedford many years ago,a well known at the time Northampton angler had a net of gudgeon,as he pulled his net out I heard the pebbles rattling in amongst the gudgeon,must have had 2lbs of them in amongst the gudgeon,I told him I wasnt weighing him in,unless he picked every last stone out,he refused demanding I weighed him in,so I walked off,got to the pub and the match organisers(now sadly no longer with us)both told me to go back and weigh him,I refused pointblank and told them that if anyone else weighed him in I would write an open letter to the angling papers naming and shaming the angler and the club,also stating that I also would not be pegging anymore matches out,or weighing in,they didnt weigh the piece of doggy doos in....

R0B

Two rods is one thing, but a tip rod AND a pole at 11m - on moving water! That just seems like an expensive accident waiting to happen
He must have had very little faith in his chances of catching anything half decent.

BoldBear

A cheat is a cheat no matter how you look at it. He was happy to steal any pools money by cheating and he obviously felt that he shouldn’t have been using two baited hooks because he put his 2nd rod down as soon as he saw you looking his way.

He deserved to be disqualified and taken to task, one day he might be cheating you in a match that you are fishing in and stealing your pools money; the cheating bugger should be reported immediately. End of, I do hate cheats :mad:

Keith

Last edited:

Whitty

Exactly,walking past allowing this person to possible steal money from others is almost as bad as being a thief yourself...

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Would have kept out of it too if not involved with the club, not to condone it, but just seems a situation where there is nothing to benefit yourself, it didn't affect your objective of a reccy. Had i been in a match and seen it then different story. On the lack of feeding you observed, it is common place when on the pole line to feed a few balls and fish over them, which you may not have seen. Good tactic year round, if you aren't on a banker specific species peg. Apologies in advance if you know that of course, just stuck out in your op.

Fred Davis

Not knowing the rules of the club, or if the angler was fishing the match or just a pleasure angler that they have pegged around I woud keep my nose out of anyone elses bussiness in case it got broke, one thing I detest is busy bodies, if the geezer is a cheat then he will eventually be found out and suffer the consequences and the label that goes with it. In the past running matches with Jb in the postal leagues we have come across cheating, apart from the usual ban the actual loss of credability that a cheating angler incurs is a very heavy burden and most give up the sport afterwards.

Whitty

So,a person trying to clarify rule breaking could be a busy body,whaaat, load of garbage,there is money involved here,this person is trying to purloin some,a thief,is a thief and I for one have no time for one,turning a blind eye gives him more reason to continue his petty larceny...