what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
Heres the situation. My uncle informed me of a local canal I wouldn't have dreamed of fishing, that when he's been fishing matches, has been pulling out 6-7Ib tench. I know theres pike in, and some nice roach, but I do not know what else, i forgot to ask him what baits to use. The canal isn't particularly wide, but not too small either, but it is quite clear in the margins and there isnt many features too go for. So I ask you this, what would you do in terms of baits and where to fish for these tench? I was thinking caster or red maggot with some chopped worm and maybe micro pellet as feed, but I don't know wether the matchmen have weened them onto hooker pellets and things.
Your views would be much appreciated, cheers

J.Tolley

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think i'd be tempted to have a stroll along and watch the next match,especially the weigh-in.
That may give you an idea of the pegs that are producing the tench and the tactics needed.[;)]

Peter.
Datafile3.asp

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

jduck1979

John D
Just pop along with the basic coarse fishing baits - Maggot, casters, Worm (whole & chopped), sweetcorn, maybe some cubes of spam...... and have some fun experimenting

~ JD

TINY

Tiny
I would have to go along with Peter on this one.Prior knowledge always works well on a venue you havn`t fished.[;)][:D]

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

STAFFS ANGLING SUPPLIES

Ian White

Big E
You could also pop in to the loacl tackle shop
most shops know the better pegs and tatics.
ALL THE BEST
Ian White

ashmate

GoD
bread for tench on canals my mate bagged up on just a 17p econamy loaf of bread on his canal of tench up to 5lb.great fishing.

ass.gif Allways s**t on the red side of the trent!!!!! ass.gif

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
thanks all, will have a wander i think and see how others are fishing it. Disaster today though, no casters left in the tackle shop!! My fave bait on canals, and for tench. I got maggots, bag of expo and supercup, and will get plenty of worms for chopping, along with corn and somebread.

J.Tolley

Status
Not open for further replies.