What would you do? Fishing tomorrow...

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Reckon there's loads of Dace about at HL that make fishing for Barbel on maggot difficult but I don't know for sure.
I would say I caught slightly more Roach than Dace the day I had a few, bodes well as a good head of Roach means that there may be some bigger ones lurking around, last time I went I struggled to get a bite opposite the KF stretch, different days, a maggot or caster approach would have been more beneficial I reckon.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
He went out and bought a feeder rod and reel on his own so maybe, don't know what he bought though, a few bites on a maggot feeder might be more enjoyable for him than waiting it out on pellet for Barbel.

JayD

How do you decide which sock to put on first in the morning? Just use the same method to decide this. :unsure: ;)

John.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
We're going to the Severn anyway now. Just spoke to him on the phone and he said no worries as it's a bit of an opportunity for him to fish somewhere new. He's going to take his feeder rod for maggots but will fish with the Barbel rod too so best of both worlds. Now just to get up at the crack of dawn to get a peg. :giggle: Thanks all for input.