What would you do? Fishing tomorrow...

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I told my brother in law earlier in the week I would fish the weir on Worcs Stour with him tomorrow morning. He's gone out and got some maggots, worms, and feeders for it today.

I had planned to fish the Severn either yesterday or today and then go with him as planned, but as I didn't go yesterday and had a job come up today, I'm looking to fish the Severn instead tomorrow now.

He has no BAA membership so Hampton Loade is the only real option on the Severn and will involve a very early start as I think it will be a busy weekend despite the temperature.

This leaves me with the following options.

1) Just go on the weir with him as planned.
2) Take him on the Severn at Hampton Loade and set him up with a Barbel rod.
3) Take him on the Severn at Hampton Loade and let him fish a maggot feeder with his own tackle.
4) Tell him he should just go on the weir on his own and I head off to probably Arley on the Severn.

I think that covers it, which option would you choose?

Decisions, decisions. Sorry to make a thread on it but I'm pretty indecisive about it as a few things could go wrong on the Severn, from not getting a peg, maggot feeder not holding bottom for him with his tackle, not catching a Barbel if he tries for them etc and I do worry about those things.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
surely the best option is call you brother in law and discuss with him?

how can anyone on here tell you advise when we do not know you or your brother in law personally and how he would take it with you breaking you promise to him, totally no idea how anyone can, only you know that

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
surely the best option is call you brother in law and discuss with him?

Going to do that after he finishes work. I think he'll do whatever I suggest so trying to make my mind up. Maybe bit of a pointless thread.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
not pointless but as i said its a totally personal thing between you two isnt it or have i missed something? same as if i agree to fish with my bro (i am Sunday) i wouldnt go anywhere else as promised him but thats me, the decision is the important thing not the venue i think

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I think I can write option 4 off and have to go with him. So as it stands it's option 2 or 3. I'll speak to him about it.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
I wouldn't send him off on his own while you fish somewhere else. He is probably looking forward to your company, as well as the fishing.

JLK

Yeah. But you can't take your mate with you if said mate isn't in your bubble. Ie. Pick your mate up and take them in the car with you.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I’d stick to the original plan. If he’s gone and got some bait he’s probably looking forward to spending some time with you.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Reckon there's loads of Dace about at HL that make fishing for Barbel on maggot difficult but I don't know for sure.