what would you cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tizzy

Osborne to consult public about spending choices

to get us out of this mess osborne wants us to suggest
savings/ cuts the government could make ...
let me start the ball rolling

no child benefit given to non resident children

road tax to be included in petrol cost, the more you drive the more you pay !

over to you

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
abolish the TV licence more taxes can be raised from advertising revenue

Legalise cannabis just imagine how many potheads would be cuing up in the shops.again more taxes

Stop the second homes for MP's there are plenty multistorey blocks of flats in London they could do up and call "tory towers, labour keep, liberal loft" etc, or if they do insist on having second homes then they sign an agreement that when they lose their seat/ retire from politics they have the choice of keeping the second home or having a pension but they can't ave both.

pensions only payable to MP's who have served more than 10yrs

expenses cut and no payments to family members

party conferences, transport provided only if they are staying more than 15min walk away

no parliment fuel cards/ allowences they will be given public travel warrents instead

all immigrants

A) that entered illegaly

B) are refused sanctuary

C) who commit a crime

Are deported immediately (after their sentence if they have commited a crime) with no appeals or excuses

oh and bring back hanging to cut the costs of keeping prisoners etc, sell tickets to hangings to help raise revenue for the prison costs

thats just for starters [;)]

tizzy

Brilliant Trogg - thats got the ball rolling, straight in with your thoughts , i thought this might get interesting...[:T]

crusty

No methadone handouts.
No Incapacity benefit for drug addicts

How much money would a 1p tax on all phone calls and texts raise?

Seize the assets of anyone who says they like jazz.

Scrap trident.

Cut out the management consultants and the people employed in this nanny state. Do I need a gay and lesbian rights officer on my local council? And if you turn up at customs, benefit office, hospital, and can't speak ingerlish and fill in a form then bring along someone who can, why should we provide?

Come out of the EU, become best mates with China.

Hang prisoners the public think deserve it, saves on costs and frees more room.

Ian

edit to add smilie [:T]

Last edited:

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by crusty

and can't speak ingerlish and fill in a form then bring along someone who can, why should we provide?
Ian

ROFLMFAO i love the pis5 take "ingerlish" [:D]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Oh and Ian totally agree with the incapacity benefits for smackheads.........nobody forces them to take the cr4p AND if they can force disabled people to work then they sure as s**t can force smackheads to clean the gutters ect after all thats where they belong

Len Wade

Bog-Monster
Site Supporter
Well, just for starters, how about cutting off the dangly bits belonging to our illustrious ex-leader and his war-mongering predecessor for getting us into this mess in the first place? [:D]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
awwwwww Len stop being stupid, the "war on terror" only costs the British tax payer 4.5 billion per annum so stopping the war and bringing everybody home isn't going to help Britain's financial mess out in anyway shape or form

BUT ask the Labour supporters and they'll all tell you its the tories fault.........i don't know how but they'll find a way to blame it on the tories cos they blame everything else the labour idiots on them!! [;)][}:)]

Col7777

The PM and people like him could start using smaller cars to show an example to the rest of us, I mean they only need them to ferry them from A-B and the speed limit is 70 so why do they need big fast cars to do it?

andyfp

Account Locked
The throats of theiving MPs, and a few scroats i detest with a passion

Marvin Waggler

Bass Blanker
QUANGOS

Also, Civil Service pay, how on earth can someone who's head of a council earn more of the tax payers money than the Prime Minister him/herself.

baz chaz

Reduce the amount of the red tape and top heavy bureaucracy that we have in this country these days [}:)]

Invest in 'common sense' instead [:T]

Paul_D

Stop child benefit, or at least limit it to two kids per family.

Paul_D

My sister in law's neighbour gave up work after divorcing from his wife and getting custody of his kids. He now has his mortgage paid by the state. His ex-wife bought a five bedroom house with part of the settlement - the state is paying the rest of the mortgage payments. His new partner is there all the time with her kids - but not officially as this would be termed cohabiting. The state is paying her mortgage on her own home too....

How many times around the country is this happening I wonder?

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Any job where the title includes the words Outreach, Equality, Diversity, Human Rights, Business Consultant, Mentor, Interface.

Any job which produces no real wealth, no resources or services useful to human life.

Larry

Lazarus
No dole payments for Alcoholics,
Limit child Benefit to 3 children.
Stop child benefit to people that don't need it.
Increase the minimum wage to to a rate that encourages people to take a job rather&stay on benefits because they are getting more on Benefit's than they can by working.

crumpercatcher

I would take a massive axe thrice to QUANGOS (90% of them scrapped with immediate effect) and Public Sector mid / higher management. Cut the amount we allow the EU to extort from British taxpayers and I would cut pensions and healthcare before cutting the education budget. I would stop all future government PFI spending and declare it treason. In future if the country wants / needs something and can't pay for it upfront an old fashioned idea known as waiting and saving up for it will be reintroduced. Housing benefit payment levels would be cut by 60%.

Anyone not working for 2 years of a 4 year period due to idleness or a pretend illness / injury will have their total payments received from the exchequer reduced by 10% every 6 weeks until it financially makes sense to work rather than sponge. I would abolish tax credits and increase the personal allowance to 11k, child benefit payments would be capped to apply to the first 2 children only.

All cosy corporatist arrangements with government and private business (Serco, cr@pita etc) will be investigated for fraud and canceled should any malpractice be discovered. Any civil servants / directors / senior managements found to have taken perks, kickbacks, bungs as a result of defrauding the public purse will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and have any assets seized to repay funds stolen.

I would cut all taxpayer support to banks if you can afford to pay six and seven figure salaries and bonuses to match you no longer need money from the taxpayer, so pay every penny back. Any bank from now on getting into trouble wouldn't get a penny from my government it's the 'free market baby'. Banks failing would be put into prepackaged administration and bought by the government for 1p with shareholders / bondholders and people foolish enough to lend bad businesses money taking a monster haircut. All staff with a total remuneration package worth more than 50k per year to have their contract ripped up and either sign a new contract with a total annual reward of 50k pa or if you are so great, talented and brilliant as you would like us to believe chance your arm elsewhere.

The state would no longer pay peoples mortgages if you can't pay you don't live there. Your home is at risk if you fail to keep up repayments on a mortgage or any other loan secured against it, even kids that are exposed to daytime tv adverts know this.

From the next financial year all government borrowing will be against the law unless the country is engaged in a serious war that directly threatens the UK. Oil wars on the behalf of yanks don't count, I would pull all UK troops out and leave Uncle Sam to play and pay for being the worlds most bent policeman.

If the exchequer receives 467 billion a year in receipts government spending would be in the region of 410 billion with 27 billion paying off current debt interest and 30 billion paying off the principle owed.

Last edited:

john83

Account Locked
Originally posted by crusty

No methadone handouts.
No Incapacity benefit for drug addicts

How much money would a 1p tax on all phone calls and texts raise?

Seize the assets of anyone who says they like jazz.

Scrap trident.

Cut out the management consultants and the people employed in this nanny state. Do I need a gay and lesbian rights officer on my local council? And if you turn up at customs, benefit office, hospital, and can't speak ingerlish and fill in a form then bring along someone who can, why should we provide?

Come out of the EU, become best mates with China.

Hang prisoners the public think deserve it, saves on costs and frees more room.

Ian

edit to add smilie [:T]

you cant just stop people taking methadone, withdrawal from that stuff can last months, it would be agony for anyone who is on it to stop, the result would be them being robbing people and buying gear again. methadone costs very little and can help people get stabilized.

I would say stop giving methadone to any new patients, as there is better options now like subutex, which is easier to stop and quicker to come off heroin using it. but it is more expensive so the goverment will be happy putting addicts on the green stuff because its cheaper.

I would rather they are state sponsored addicts than people having to get their houses robbed for them to buy gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.