What was the best day of your Life?

danny_glover09

Im 29 and done things In my 29 years which some people on here would never dream of. We all live different lives and been brought up in different ways Through generation alone im sure we could say lots of things have changed over the year's. Good time and bad times is all part and parcel of life....

My question to you is,.
What was the best day of your life? Was it fishing related or was it something much closer to home?
My best day would probably be the day my father came out of hospital after suffering heart problems. It came as such a shock when he was poorly and it took everything out of me what I had... After that day it completely changed my father's way of life. There was no more darts on a Thursday night, drinking excessively with the lads nd since then he has looked after himself alot more.
I learnt how much family means in a short period of time and now appreciate what I got. The best day was learning he was recovering.
How about you?

Godber

All gone floppy.
Site Supporter
Obviously the birth of my kids especially my eldest which was a bit touch and go, a lot of complications and an emergency c-section but all turned out well.

The 8th of December 2016 and being told my wife was free of cancer made my top lip tremble with joy, relief and all sorts of emotions and then telling the kids the good news. That was a great day.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
As with others, my wedding and birth of my children kind of go without saying! I think relatively recently, in terms of my career, winning the Inspirational Teacher of the Year Award in 2019 meant a lot to me. I had to fight various things in the first half of my teaching career, and to win that off the back of nominations from current and former students meant a hell of a lot.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
2 April 1977. The day Red Rum won the Grand National for the third time. Tottenham drew 1-1 away at Coventry.

That was the day The Boss came with me and a friend (we all worked together) to watch the Spurs game having unexpectedly accepted my invitation. That evening I dropped my friend off first and then asked The Boss out the following night, our first "date".

42 years of marriage, two children, three grandchildren later and every day I am grateful she accepted that invitation.

P.S. The day we got married Spurs lost 7-0 to Liverpool.

rudd

Site Supporter
The OPs opening statement is very strong dont you think?😯

I didnt know James Bond was an a maggot drowner, had him dowm as a salmon man 😆

Having delivered death and delivered life whilst doing thousands of things from outright pleasurable to absolutely bowel empting stuff inbetween, four days stand out.
Wedding day and the two births of my daughter's, one I delivered in my house whilst waiting for mid wife.
The fourth being the Christmas I received my first set of fishing gear to call my own.😉

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
‘Thank you, whatever comes.' And then she turned
And, as the ray of sun on hanging flowers
Fades when the wind hath lifted them aside,
Went swiftly from me. Nay, whatever comes
One hour was sunlit and the most high gods
May not make boast of any better thing
Than to have watched that hour as it passed.

Ezra Pound

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
The day my lass said yes... 35 years this May... the most beautiful girl in the world and a heart of pure gold...

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
As a slight aside,my 2nd worst day was when my G/F told me she was pregnant,my worst day was when my son was born,as for best day,not sure 😂

bryan white

Site Supporter
March 30th 2006
my son was born at home .
also happened to be the most scared and lonely I’ve ever been when the midwive’s closed the front door and left me with a baby in my arms

Last edited:

PJG

Similar stuff to everyone else but one of the gooduns was 31.10.2001 when I was made redundant from a job I loathed!

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Best day / days ....

The day I married my childhood sweetheart some 35 years ago. Birth of my beautiful daughter.

Worst day of my life . ...

Losing my best mate and fishing buddy in a car crash. A car crash I should have been in. He went up to the Leeds / Liverpool canal to fish an open match and I was going to go with him but, I got called up to fish a match on Worsborough res against the Trentmen. They said he died instantly when his car hit a bridge on the M1 south of Leeds while trying to avoid a lorry that had just pulled out in front of him. A lovely guy and the most natural angler I’ve ever met. RIP Tony mate. We’ll have a quid on it when I get up there pal. 👍

davylad

Site Supporter
Too many to mention, but one that comes to mind is seeing my son lined up with his team mates, then the National Anthem being played. It really was a tear jerker and a very proud moment.

bryan white

Site Supporter
March 30th 2006
my son was born at home .
also happened to be the most scared and lonely I’ve ever been when the midwive’s closed the front door and left me with a baby in my arms
Can’t believe I had to edit this..I’m terrible with dates.
I have to remember ‘ club 1830’ as a prompt ..oldest born on the 30th, youngest 18th
phew..hope the ex missus doesn’t read the forum
call them by each other’s names on occasion as well..must be going senile

Simon R

Site Supporter
29th February 2004
Never seen so many grown men with tears in their eyes after 128 years waiting for a trophy.

Closely followed by 27th April 2006
And, according to the late, great Ali Brownlee, the greatest comeback since Lazarus :D :D

The noise when that winning goal went in was incredible

Simon