What was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandling

I was fishing the Severn last Sunday with six pound line and no8 hook loaded with redworms placed on the edge of the main stream. I hooked into a fish which ran upcurrent and into what appeared to be a hole from which I could not budge him unless I gave him some slack. Once out of his bolt hole he ran down stream for forty odd yards at which point I hauled him in to twenty yards or so before he again ran for his bolt hole in mid water. This happened half a dozen times and each time my trusty old fibreglass rod was bent double when I hauled him back from his run. This went on for half an hour or so. At this point it was very dark and somewhat dangerous on the steep and slippery bank. When at a loss to know what to do he managed to dislodge the hook. Does anyone know what i hooked?. [:(]

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I trust you are looking for sensible answers, but I wouldn't hold out for too many from the lads on this site.

I'll put my 10p bet on a barbel.

Welcome to the wonderful world of magggotdrowners by the way.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sounds favorite to me Geoff.[:D]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
I've had catfish do that to me but not sure if there are any where you were fishing.

Newt Vail

mookie

mookie
[:D][:D][:D]

Hmmmmm Barbel would be a good bet...[^]....but a large eel might be another..[^].they like to hug the bottom and find anything to curl there tail around......[:D][:D]

Welcome to mds.....

Heres to lots of bites and stretched laggies......thats maggotdrowners.....the best on the web....[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Cheers.......MOOKSTER...

everyready

is this monford bridge if so might be a carp i have been fishing there this year .in one swim i have been busted up every night on 20lbs braid( hook length).fish just swims off and not able to stop it .dose not fight like a barbel jusy goes up river as if you have hooked a fast dead tree .this is about eight times.

TINY

Tiny
I would put money on a Barbel.
The next fiver would be on an Eel.

Andy....Staffs Angling Supplies

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
How about a Duck billed Paltipus or an Otter. LOL No sorry my money is on the Barbel. If an eel big enough to bend your rod like that got into a snag I doubt if you would ever shift it if it wanted to wrap itself round something and hold on. Interesting though!!
Haydn

Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.

Status
Not open for further replies.