What Type Of Angler Are You

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

I see by the stats that there are now 85 members of the forum and proberly even more just lurkin on the side.

I was wondering out of interest as to what type of angler you all class yourselfs as eg:pleasure/Specimen/Match.

It may seem a pointless post but what i'm getting at is that on this site i know there is a mix of all 3 and every body gets on great with each other. Yet on other site's you see all match anglers (who knock the specimen boys) and visa versa needlessly in my opinion as we all do a branch of the sport that we love.

So which are you then..??

Me i'm a match angler that also enjoys pleasure fishing for what ever swims along be it a 1oz roach from the canal or a double figure pike from a reservoir and everything inbetween.

MALC

jel

HI MALC.
GOOD QUESTION. IM A PLESURE ANGLER, I DONT MIND WHAT KIND OF FISH LIKE YOURSELF.THESE DAYS I FISH MAINLY RIVERS,(TRYING TO CATCH CHUB).
FOR ME THERES NOTHING BETTER THAN A DAYS FISHING.....

j white

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Pleasure Fishing.
For those you don't know my outlook on fishing here it is (for those that do I apologise for repeating myself)
Man buys fishing rod, man buys bait, man goes fishing. Man catches fish = a good day. Man doesn't catch fish (blanks) = still a good day.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Its Predominantly Pleasure for me MALC, used to match angle years ago and get a great buzz from it. Still read the reports avidly. for tips as much as anything.
Kit carrying to distant pegs has ruled that out now, Daren't risk getting a Golden Draw to a far distant peg! lol
Learning all the time and now trying to improve PBs, seek out new species, try new methods and not knock anyone elses preferred methods or single -minded speciality.
Inevitably, I'll end up Jack of all trades and master of none lol.
2 other things fishing gives me that I love,
1 great days out with friends and meeting new Anglers,
2 A sense of anticipation and enjoyment outta the Preperation. Talking to Peter the other day and He loves setting up Pole floats, me 2 and now thanks to John , preparing Pike traces.
A word of warning though lol, Its damned expensive setting up Carp AND Pike AND Match AND Pleasure gear and My missus thinks I,m crackers peering through magnifying glasses at No.8 shot (the smallest I can see! let alone get on the line, or trying to get 3rd pass of wire trace through a crimp!
BUT, I respect all the carp ,Pike, Specimen, Match etc. Guys and hope to adapt and use some of their ideas. Tried bloodworm and Joker the other day, not for me!, but that doesn't mean it ain't right in certain circumstances.
Don't fancy fly or sea fishing (ex - Trawlers, seen em all) thank goodness, but read a little of the news from those that do.
In short Malc, I just love fishing,even cold and weary after a bad day like today lol.

cya Saturday

Trev

Ziptrev your resident alcoholic2.gif

les middy

'Navigator'
geof like you i do it for pleasure my pleasure if i catch good day if i don't still good day *5

Cyprinid_boy

used to be match angler reaching the dizzy heights of second in the silstar pole champs and leading the kamasaan matchman table for two whole weeks - whooppee!!! Not any more. Haven't been fishing for nearly a year, however, i spend every day with fish so i think i qualify lol.

cyp.

Larry

Lazarus
purely pleasure angling for me,usedto club match fish year's ago but no more, idon't mind what i catch,sometime's if i don't it doesn't matter its just great to be alive &well to partake in this wonderful sport of our's.

Cheer's Larry

AlexR

i`m a match/pleasure fisherman, but match fishing is definitley my favourite part. when i say pleasure, i mean fishing but not in a match because im not in a club yet and there arent many junior matches around here. when pleasure fishing i still use match tactics. i dont fish for certain species, or really care what my pb is.

;)

mookie

mookie
Hi Malc -- I am a pleasure angler pond or river it does not bother me, particularly river chubbin love it...not very keen on carp for some reason...dont like the idea of going to a commercial fishery after roach and crucians when a big lump smashes you off...you cannot get away from carp nowadays...but l know they are a matchmans dream fish...but in my opinion l would rather catch 10lb of roach getting bites all day long, than waiting for 3 or 4 carp to come along..

Anyway hope to chat to you on the chatline sometime...

Cheers....Mook

martin.

Account Locked
im a pleasure/match angler as well as being bailiff @ match organisor on my local drain this gives me up to date info for my fishing 3 times aweek.

Jammy1

'The Minx'
For people who don't know me I go with my dad (malc) and have been for the last 5yrs. I pleasure fish and match fish on lakes and canals but i don't mind what i catch as long as i enjoy the day and have fish in the net. I prefere to use the pole rather than the rod and line but at places like Drayton Res i use the feeder as the carp in there don't half hurt your arm after a while when your bagging up!!

GEM littleangel.gif

scouse

'River Man'
HI Malc
the type of angler i am
is one who takes his litter home,
ie even if its not mine i always carry a small bag
to take my rubbish home, apart from that
i love river fishing i do match fishing for a club
but prefer river anytime
tightlines dave(scouse)

BERTY

Iam a Pleasure/Specimen let me explain myself I like 2 pleasure fish 4 bits on my pole but I also enjoy specimen hunting 4 those 30-60lb carp in England & France I also like them cats in France 2.

It was this big....Honest!!!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi all,
I think most of you realise by now that i love my club/match angling.Can't afford the time now to really have a go on the open/winter league circuit like i used to,just takes up too much time.
Nowdays i just tend to pick and choose my opens to ones i really fancy fishing and concentrate on my club commitments.Still like to do my own thing occaisionaly though.
Half the fun for me though is in the preparation,as Trev said,i find it quite theraputic just sitting down for a couple of hours and tying some pole rigs (can be fun with three cats about though).I wouldn't call myself a tackle tart,but i hate using dirty/untidy tackle,so i suppose 3-4 hours a week is spent cleaning/repairing etc.
(Dave remarked that i had one of the tidiest tackle box's he'd ever seen.Judge for yourself )
I don't limit myself to the pole though,just as happy running a stick float down a suitable stretch of river,or a waggler come to that.I even possess a couple of carp rods and have been known to do the odd session,although i have to say it's not really my scene!
I suppose the great thing about fishing for me though is the people i've met,and the friends i've made through fishing over the years,and long may it continue.
Peter.

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

waxlion1

Malc,

Me! I like to fish!...dont care if its a match or just flicking a waggler at some reeds at the local water.

The way I see it, is that we all have something to learn from someone else, be it match, specamin or pleasure.

So let the other sites fight and bitch, we don't have to.

Waxlion1
hello.gif

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
what kind of angler am i??

well if the waters wet i'll fish in it.
If the fish have got gills & a tail i'll try to catch them.

I'm a pleasure angler & thats it.

Alan
You've just been moderated

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Match only - And anyone who does differently is a total idiot.

That was a joke BTW. I have never even seen a match angler much less a long pole or a match. Very rare in the US.

Lure fishing for bass or other preds (except pike which can't live this far south). The occasional "Bait & Wait" session for carp or catfish.

99.9% of my fishing is done from my boat. I am basically just too lazy to lug all that gear around. Just load the boat, to the lake, launch, and I have it all with me.

Newt Vail

Andy Thatcher

I fish purely for my pleasure.

OK by most peoples books I have a tendency for trying to catch larger fish of the species I am trying for so specimen maybe apt.

Cheers
Andy

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
you bl**dy liar

you're a barbel copper admit it

Alan
You've just been moderated

Status
Not open for further replies.