What to buy?

mullac2001

I"d personally recommend pentax. Brilliant cameras and lenses and you have 30/40 years worth of lenses which will all fit the k mount . Plenty on the bay

roachy

I looked into this sort of thing a year or so ago, and you seem to have to spend an absolute fortune to beat the top end phones.
Not true mate, that is only taking in to account things like magapixels.
So many other variables which differentiates between a camera and a phone for taking pics. Saying that my wife has a huawei and for snapshots its astounding!

roachy

If you go for a top of the range, or them that have them. Do you develop your own, or is there a place you would only go to get them developed.
For developed do you mean printed? For the cost of printing your own with a serious photo printer it isnt cheap so any prints i want done i just send them off.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
You wont go far wrong with the d5600 mate, its a good solid camera, as said above, invest in a good lens like the Nikon 18-105 which will do most of the things you need it for, or a 24-70, either of which will be a good walk about lens. if you get the 18-55mm as a kit lens that will be a good solid start too.
Look forward to seeing a few pics mate
Thanks, I found a brand new one for £408 including the 18-55mm kit lens, so that will start me off and then I’ll look at other lenses as I get my head around it, due for delivery the end of this week, so hopefully can start snapping straight away.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Thanks, I found a brand new one for £408 including the 18-55mm kit lens, so that will start me off and then I’ll look at other lenses as I get my head around it, due for delivery the end of this week, so hopefully can start snapping straight away.

Good choice. I love my Nikon. Sounds like a good price too.

roachy

Well done mate, good deal and it will get you in to it for sure.
Depending on what your preferred photography subjects will be also depends on what lenses you could look at later, if you need a headstart at learning functions of your camera there should be a few guides on amazon. best piece of advice is learn the exposure triangle first and then trial and error from there matey. If I can be of any help please don't hesitate to ask but I am no professional!