What time would you need to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thom

To get your chosen swim on your chosen river this saturday what time would you expect to be on the bank so that somebody else doesnt get there first?

I will need to be there very early knocking friday midnight as by 2am most of the decent swims will be taken, surprisingly.

AND THIS IS ONLY THE RIVER WEAR!

midge99

In the old day when there was a blanket close season on all waters, we used to spend the close season preparing pegs on a club water, this was always finished by the time the club committee came do to do the same.
Then the day before we would arrive at lunch time and the first thing we did was set up our box and keepnets. we would then sit around talking then about 6pm would start to get our rods set up, ready for the midnight start.

newies_maggots

PEG RESERVED

thats what i would do, a nice sign infront of it..

i was told last night a mate of my mate has been pre-baited a few pegs at collingham weir end and aims to get there extremely early.

think the best time would be get there friday night around 11pm, set up, bait up, then lines in at midnight.

DryNetNick

I'd camp out in the swim I wanted to fish the night before, and wake just before dawn.

Larry

Lazarus
A few of us are doing just that on the Trent getting there around 12 noon bivvying up choosing swim setting all the tackle up ready for 1st cast at 12.01 on 16th.

newies_maggots

Originally posted by Larry

A few of us are doing just that on the Trent getting there around 12 noon bivvying up choosing swim setting all the tackle up ready for 1st cast at 12.01 on 16th.

perfect way in my book

peteblade

I went to Collingham last season on the 13th for a walk and there were already six cars at the wier! On the 15th at 1200 I visited again to find over twenty cars there so if your not on the weir now reading this on your lap top you might get in the hot pegs in July. Sorry to dissapoint you lads if you thought you any chance of getting on. My advice leave it a week then go somewhere involving a good walk.

mangrojack

i wouldnt camp out on the wear, id hate to think what might happen to you especially with long hair and in the dark lol

Simon R

Site Supporter
Originally posted by mangrojack

i wouldnt camp out on the wear, id hate to think what might happen to you especially with long hair and in the dark lol
You mean he might get mistaken for a vampire? [:p]

Simon

Thom

Originally posted by mangrojack

nah thom is much more ermmm how do i put it rock horror picture show ; ) lol

lmao im going to see that with meg this/early next year!

mangrojack

who is meg thom?

you got yourself a gf mate? get rid of her they seriously kill your fishing time i wish i had got rid of mine before we got to serious lol

Thom

shes my bets mate phil [:p]

honestly nobody is able to keep up with my "love life" at the moment [:p]

mangrojack

your hand dont count mate however times you do it ; ) lol

is she fit and is she emo lol

Thom

lmao i feel like im being stalked by my own cap'n!

and yeah she is a bit, you can keep your southerners... northern lasses are better [:p]

back on topic... [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.