WHAT THE #### !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Okay anyone who wants some money from me just put your name below, tell me you will double your demand if I don't give you it by a set date and don't give me any option to get out of it - unless I face heavy court costs !!! [:(!][:(!]

Aaargh !!

Okay chilling a little - The friendly postie has just been and amongst the usual cwap and bills was a legal action from the DVLA with a demand that I should pay them a 'fine' of 25 within the next fortnight for having a vehicle OFF the road and not filling in a Statutory Off Road Notice (SORN) to tell them.
If I do not pay the fine extends to 45 and if I do not pay that then it will result in court proceedings!

WTF [:(!]

So now you can get fined for not taxing a car regardless if it is on or OFF the road.

Take head if you've got a motor sat in the garage, in the back garden or on any land that's not connected to a highway and it's not got a current tax disc (even though it doesn't need one) and make sure you fill in yet another piece of paper....

Dave Datafile2.gif

Lid

Dave

Insist you posted the SORN to them on approximately a certain date.

Lid

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've just got off the phone to the DVLA (suprised its not a premium rate number) and explained that the previous owner had filled one in and no-one when I spoke to Swansea (DVLA) told me that I had to fill a fresh one in because of change of owner. Neither does it say that anywhere including on the change of ownership doc.

They have told me to fill a 'part 2' in on the demand they sent me and send it back - everything should be okay as apparently I was given the wrong information and should have been told to fill a fresh SORN in [:(!]

Its a chuffing joke

Dave

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Dave, my son had a demand from the DVLA over the same thing. Only difference being we had scrapped the car after it had been stolen and wrecked. Yes we did inform the DVLA but still got the demand. I wrote back telling them this and havent heard a word from them. I would do what Lid suggested to throw the ball back in there court.
A few years ago when I had a motor bike I had to declare SORN every year when I took it off the road for the winter. Its a pain but does save a lot of aggro.

chill out go fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.