Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Click Here

Why[?][?][?][?]

I'd love to get my hands on the idiot who did that![:(!][:(!]

joliver

Me too.........sad MO---FO, once caught they should be named and famed and banned from any fishing

Cooky

SDAA members held a meeting that evening to discuss the incident and to look at ways of clamping down on anti-social behaviour.

Easy beat the rubbish out of the scum

Nick_D22

Good god thats the most barbaric thing i've ever seen.What the hell is happening to our country?Even worse if the police fail to act accordingly this is a disaster for that community.How can people have any faith in those around them?Another wave of mistrust and misunderstanding awaits the poor anglers of Southport.Of course the bloody anti's will be all over this.God this has really got my goat, i wish there was something i could do.And all this on top of that kids fishing charity that was robbed.I am deeply saddened by this.

Steve_goral

Per Ardua Ad Astra
I'm pretty gutted to see that too, I used to go pike fishing on the Sluice, Back Drain and Three Pools in Southport. After the pollution incident this is the last thing the water needed.

getfishing

Pete
Agree with everything that's been said, they need to punish the cruel b------s who did it. What kind of sick person would do that.

mikeshe

If they catch the b******s who did this they should send the scumbags out to Afghanistan to search the ground for IED's. I for one wouldn't give a toss if they got blown up instead of our soldiers. Come to that, they should send any other low life piece of anti social scumbags out there to do that job.

wokkie

Riccardo El Paxo
First seen the news on Tuesday[xx(] HERE

Although that fish was found at members only stretch,but I just do not believe it's done by any member.
Occasionally a few of those nearby "part time farm workers" poaching there for food,plus it's next to a commercial fishery that anyone could drop a bait in[xx(]

wokkie

Riccardo El Paxo
Originally posted by kcon123

Could it not have died naturally?
It could be.But,by the time the gas build up inside the fish to make it float.The fish will be dead for some time,it will be blown up,curled,discolour,white,the eyes will be very white[xx(]

nobby478

miserable old ....
It's a sad but true fact that pike used to be 'thrown up the bank' regularly years ago in the belief that other fish would benefit from the lack of predation.

Whilst we don't hold with it any more, you would be suprised how many people still believe that pike should be removed from coarse fishing waters.

I know of a few trout lakes near me that get pike washed into them from time to time. A shotgun is the usual method!

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I remember fishing the canal and having two kids come and ask me if i knew i could get 5 for each pike i killed and handed over to BW!!!!

I stood on a bridge and saw a guy fishing a match on the cut catch a little jack and then thrown it straight in the hedge behind him, needless to say i've contacted the club who's stretch it was and told them

I guess i get a bit more bothered about it because i class myself as a predator angler although i do fish for other species as well but i wouldn't kill a fish just because it may interfere with my chosen style of fishing, hell i won't even kill a trout if i catch one!!

RUDDLES

why why why ? they need to catch the morons and drown them a lake near us had a family of swans all shot and killed a few years ago . never caught the bastwards either .. sick sad people it defies belief utterly gobsmacked ..

kcon123

A swan was also stoned to death on a drain around the corner from there.
By the way the pike is not 20lb, try around 4lb.
I wonder if it was just scumbags or an angry matchman?

Status
Not open for further replies.