what space shuttle trolley like ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete2k7

hi looking 2 get a space shuttle trolley just wanting 2 no what there like and that lol thanks

Josh114

they are brilliant! take a it of getting used to if you normally use the other style of trolley but the space shuttle is good!

Nana

They take a bit of getting used to if you have had a single wheel barrow. also if you carry loads of gear the wheels splay appart after a time. My opinion is spend the extra money and get a Fow Barrow. I changed to one and never looked back!!!

Genus9

I've used Mine for the last 12 months and find it excellent,

So good that My Penrose barrow does'nt get used now and just hangs in the garage,

I do know that one batch of wheels were faulty and Preston was made aware of this and re enforced them after that,

We've had a few of the wheel casualties come in the shop and they've been replaced within a few days,

They must be ok as every match I go on 85% of the anglers seem to have one, [:)]

Shez

Only used mine a few times but so far I'm very impressed with it. Makes lfe a hell of a lot easier but I do now tend to take far too much gear with me, just because I can!

kahuna

have a look at the thread on spaceshuttle wheels pete there seems to be alot of problems with the wheels snapping apart from that the barrow is superb for carrying your kit

Shez

Think the problem with the wheels has been "cured", was mainly on the older models I think.

kahuna

i've got the mk 2 shuttle shez and my wheel snapped clean off the axle yesterday its coz the wheels are plastic they should be metal cow all the weight is on the wheels so it should be the strongest part of the barrow

chrisritch

Merchant Blanker
if someone tells me the size of the wheels and the specs of them i can supply metal ones of far higher quality cheaper and give a forum discount

Shez

Originally posted by kahuna

i've got the mk 2 shuttle shez and my wheel snapped clean off the axle yesterday its coz the wheels are plastic they should be metal cow all the weight is on the wheels so it should be the strongest part of the barrow

Hmmmm..... only used mine a few times but put a fair bit of gear on it at White Acres, cheers for the warning tho', may just keep hold of those old trolley wheels a bit longer, just incase!

obewan

Jammie Dodger
Had mine for a while now and no problems at all, carries plenty of gear.

dave brittain 1

I have the shuttle for commercials and the Fox Barrow for rivers. On flat or steady terrain the Shuttle wins hands down for ease of transporting your gear.

Chris K

Similar to Top Dog - shuttle for commercials that involve a walk (short walks = 2 trips carrhying it!); Dick Clegg aluminium barrow platform for rivers or if I need the platform. Still got to decide which to take to Whiteacres this autumn, not taking both!

strat2

the balencing point on the space station is brilliant i use to bang a rive a full holdall nets, and teo rod hod holdalls along mine ive never had a sketchy moment with mine apart from the turning circle down canal tow path is a bit shoddy

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I bought a MK2 second hand from a member in our Classifieds and think its brilliant. I'd previously been using the Preston Trolley which is designed for using just with the box but the Shuttle wins hands down

One thing I thought was a good idea, if it was part of the design that is, is that you have in effect four positions you can put the wheels into - you can have them facing forward, facing backwards (better for heavier weights and balance), mounted closer together and mounted further apart - all by using the different permutations available. The wheels further apart and facing backwards is the best position for carrying loads on even ground, whereas for better maneuverability the wheels closer together and facing forward works better in my opinion [:T]

Shez

I'll let you know how mine gets on after this weekend, it's being used to carry a large selection of beer, cider, spirits, food & camping gear for the Leeds festival. If it survives carrying all that, and in all the mud I'm expecting when we arrive then it's good enough for me!

May even offer a "shuttle service" to other festival goers, for a small fee, if it works ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.