what should i ask at my training sesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davetems

Hey,

Ive got a training session with Iain Macmillan tomorrow for basic introductory carping. What sorts of things do you think I should be asking aside from spodding, feature finding and watercraft that you think will benefit my longer term fishing?

Cheers,

Dave

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
How the volume button on an alarm works[;)]

chappo

What a good starting rig would be on an unknown water (I'm a none carper but you could ask the same with a match expert too I guess)

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
To be honest you probably won't have to ask. I would guess that Iain will either watch you and then offer advice/suggestions or he will talk you through everything. Questions will follow as a natural consequence.

diviy

first thing I would say is
Forgive me for I have sined how do I stop having this temptation to sleep in a tent,dress like action man and disturb the piece and quiet of others with my bite alarms.

[:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]

gibby

What about can you catch carp in the margins or is it compulsory to cast a four ounce lead 70 yards to land in the swim of the bloke float fishing on the opposite bank?

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
IMO, 1st thing 1st is what rigs for certain lake bottoms and baiting situations...

davetems

WOW, there's some bitchy comments out there. It was actually really good and I'd recommend it to any carper. I'm very much a novice angler but he was more than happy to deal with extreme basics and was good fun to spend a day with.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Not bitchy mate, just the old carper v match v pleasure angler banter, dont take it too serious, its only in jest.[:T]

Allis_shad

Iain Macmillan is a belting person and angler. Ask him anything and he will sure give his opinion, Enjoy the company with a true angler who has watercraft skills few can aspire to. ENJOY

Status
Not open for further replies.