What reel should I use?

Total

Site Supporter
No affiliation, I have two of the CS10 match reels and prefer them to my TDM's. For the money I think they offer good value for money particularly when you look at what some manufacturers are charging for spare spools ;)
I wouldn't disagree with you mate, given your obvious angling pedigree/experience and all round decent geezer, but I would question the longevity of said reel against say my Shimmies especially in a match situation etc etc(y)

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
I’ve got the 620 extremity and the 620 intensity, both cracking reels for what you want to do, pick either, to suit your budget,

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
How's that new SLR Mike? Been out trying it out any more?:unsure:
Only been once more, fishing at distance, but it’s right up there, as a favourite, I’m fishing a local lake for winter, full of roach and Rudd, so it’s 9/10 and 11ft rods for a while, practising my speed fishing, chucking tiny feeders every 20/30 seconds and catching a fish a Chuck, great fishing, I fed 30 pints of groundbait last weekend over two days😭😭😭that reminds me, I’ve lost my clicker, I’ll have to buy a new one😭😭😭, more expense😭😭😭👍👍👍👍👍

chavba

What do you think guys, new reels and new rods coming January for Shimano? I think they didnt release feeder reels and surfcasting reels for the last 3-4 years now. May i should wait a few months

D

Deleted member 24902

What do you think guys, new reels and new rods coming January for Shimano? I think they didnt release feeder reels and surfcasting reels for the last 3-4 years now. May i should wait a few months
..Obviously the "Practical/WIFE/BankManger" answer is YES to waiting until after christmas, even if you don't buy the Shimmys you can get cheap deals in the sales.
The correct answer is of course, Buy now and look at the shimano range in January and buy again!!! ;):)
"......for you can never have enought fishing tackle!" a Very Wise Man once said!

Total

Site Supporter
Only been once more, fishing at distance, but it’s right up there, as a favourite, I’m fishing a local lake for winter, full of roach and Rudd, so it’s 9/10 and 11ft rods for a while, practising my speed fishing, chucking tiny feeders every 20/30 seconds and catching a fish a Chuck, great fishing, I fed 30 pints of groundbait last weekend over two days😭😭😭that reminds me, I’ve lost my clicker, I’ll have to buy a new one😭😭😭, more expense😭😭😭👍👍👍👍👍
As our Des' would say "proppperrrrr fyshing!".....So glad you've sorted a rod out for this and it sounds/reads like the dogs doo dahs....And if our Nicky sorts your mini cage jobbies you'll be unbeatable!:love:.....Be lucky, take care pal.;)(y)

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
What do you think guys, new reels and new rods coming January for Shimano? I think they didnt release feeder reels and surfcasting reels for the last 3-4 years now. May i should wait a few
I’ve got a
As our Des' would say "proppperrrrr fyshing!".....So glad you've sorted a rod out for this and it sounds/reads like the dogs doo dahs....And if our Nicky sorts your mini cage jobbies you'll be unbeatable!:love:.....Be lucky, take care pal.;)(y)
I’ve got another new feeder rod coming this week, watch this space 😉😉😉👍