What pole floats to use for margins

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul_fish

Which floats do you find best for fishing paste in the margins??

Yesterday i was using a 0.3 Hillbilly long stem/tip float, but thought that a shorter stem float would be better close in.
I was catching but thought the stem was a bit long. I could always cut it down i suppose, but would that affect the balance.

What do you MD'ers find best??.

chrishorobin

Have a look at the KC Carpa margin, they are self cocking small float with a long bristle

http://www.kc-carpa.com/index.html

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I have started to use the BGT1 from http://www.buygoodtackle.com/Floats.html 8.50 for 10 and free postage.

jambo1401

Beastmaster
i use preston durafloat 10 , very strong and nice thick tip and stand up to being dragged through reeds etc

http://www.wickfordangling.co.uk/preston/durafloat.htm

youngcharles

i also like the kc margins but for genral margin fishing/shallow water deck fishing and far bank fishing i would defo recommend mick wilkinson hc dinky and too be honest i use alot of the mick wilks range the are all unbeatable!!

paul_fish

Thanks for replys.
Looks like the kc-carpa range should do the job. So will give them a try.

Hatchye

Originally posted by Neil ofthe nene

I have started to use the BGT1 from http://www.buygoodtackle.com/Floats.html 8.50 for 10 and free postage.

I have to admit that I dorate the bgt1S, especially for shallow fishing. Have also enjoyed using the hollows for fishing at greater range with paste.[:T]

sackup

BROWNING
I used the Bgt1 from buy good tackle for a while but they arnt to strong the main thing ive noticed is the tips pull out very easy then the eyes go. I loved the shape and style so i designed my own but stronger "LUMPY" great for margins shallow and far bank.[:T]
lumpy-1.jpg

sy69

Team Lunchbox
Another vote for the dura 10s. Although Avanti they are some quality floats.

Kaicat

Another vote for KC floats here but in this case the Roc.... Great float for big baits.

mr magnum

go onto a site called ossy anglers and look for jdeez floats they are a very tough float

paulod

Site Supporter
The design doesn't really matter, just keep it short. If you're fishing off bottom in the margins, (which can make all the difference sometimes), you'll obviously need a float capable of holding up whatever you've got on the hook. Otherwise I wouldn't worry. It's more important to know what feed they want/how much/how often. [:W]

paulod

Site Supporter
.....and with all due respect to the above, polyballs are VERY susceptible to wind and drift. I wouldn't bother with them unless conditions were perfect.

paulod

Site Supporter
oh yes, with the exception of when catching in the top couple of inches.....quickly!! [:)]

sackup

BROWNING
Only time i use a polly ball is with a big ball of sloppy paste when the fish are crawling the far bank in 6/12 inch of water.

Jessebobs

Steve!
For standard margin fishing tight to reeds I use Malmans dibbers and use the same rig for fishing pellet shallow (that's one topkit less to set up) and I have polyballs for when the carp are going "amphibious" in ultra-shallow water. I have just started using some brilliant self-cocking shallow paste floats by Big"H" called paste bullets. They are only about 4 inches long. Paul, you should be able to get them in Premier Angling in Chippenham if you are interested.
If not pm me your address and I will get you some.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.