what paste do you use

Status
Not open for further replies.

slf

NUFC
i use green swim stim but i was wondering what paste others use. i am going to try other ranges to see which i prefer

Thom

learn to fish the stuff properly first liam. personally id stick with ground pellets or swim stim. cats and dogs is rated but i found it to be very sticky which is something i cant get along with when fishing sloppy paste.

RAFBLOKE2

Warm in Vegas
I made up some green swim stim paste with a little bit of addative in it the other day. seemed ok till I tried to use it, think it must've been too sloppy coz after 30 seconds the float popped up! Easy mix to make though.

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Is there any paste fishable with the waggler at around 1-2 rod lengths out or should i just stick to pellet?

slf

NUFC
it would be very harb work. i have seen an article were they were moulding paste wrong a bait spring on the rod

strat2

i would like to say but i cant because im gonna fish it against metal so he will find out on the day :p

Thom

where are you fishign against me [:p]

and yes you can easily fish paste on the waggler however i have a special way of mixing it so that it breaks down as a slop does however casts very well.

basically all you do is mix it very dry and mould it around a hard pellet. it should dry so that it can be squeezed around the pellet but crumble off.

sladey

I use swimstim and mix it so its very sloppy and sticky, the stickness helps when fishing too islands as when put in the toss pot means that you can ship out quick without fear of his boucing out the cup. Leaves your pole a bit messy afterwards but doesnt matter as long as you have those fish in your net, normally a couple of no.10 on a 4*10 float will see that as the paste sinks the float that final bit, there isnt too much buoyancy pulling on the paste to rip the hook out of it.

Metal what you do is very similar to what andy findaly covered in an article a while back.

Last edited:

jase72

the new special G groundbait....sive the tiny particals and use the dust...spot on..

Status
Not open for further replies.