What leads/bombs do you use?

Millers Thumb

Site Supporter
Spent 35yrs working at local steelworks, we produced thousands of tons of leaded steel every week in the 70s/80s mainly for the USA market so pure lead was always available for making a few bombs etc on the night shift, best thing about it was free lead masks and every month a free lead test at the on site medical centre (dangerous stuff is lead!). Doc used to say "millers thumb your lead count is up, take 5 days off work to recover" (with pay) River Nidd here we come. :waving:

rudd

Site Supporter
Spent 35yrs working at local steelworks, we produced thousands of tons of leaded steel every week in the 70s/80s mainly for the USA market so pure lead was always available for making a few bombs etc on the night shift, best thing about it was free lead masks and every month a free lead test at the on site medical centre (dangerous stuff is lead!). Doc used to say "millers thumb your lead count is up, take 5 days off work to recover" (with pay) River Nidd here we come. :waving:
You still got lead in your pencil? ?

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Its very occasional that I use bombs, can't really see why you wouldn't just use a feeder in 90% of ledger scenarios, but when I do I tend to use arsley bombs although do like drilled bullets as well. The bullets I mostly use for sea fishing but there are scenarios where they work for coarse fishing.
I've recently got into "in line" feeders, so I thought I'd give olivettes a try on my bomb rod at commercials. Seem to work pretty well,and I can cast further, but my go to is nearly always a feeder