What is your most stupid match.

Total

Site Supporter
Agree completely Mark. Listening to the comments while I packed my gear away I’m surprised I caught at all. Only three pegs away down the dyke is the famous bridge peg. 20lb of roach guaranteed ….. and that’s in the same section ffs. Like I say pal … I could have cried. 😩
You'd catch in a bucket of water...(y);)......Oh you did!:giggle:

tincatim

Site Supporter
I haven’t fished a match since 1995 but I do have some fond memories of my junior club matches, some great wins, lots of trophies, and some terrible performances to boot. A couple stand out…

Fishing a favoured peg on the local lake, nice overhanging tree to my right that stretches about 8m out into the lake. I’d fished it before and knew how to attack it, it was usually good for silvers on maggot and caster or crucians/tench on corn. I’d gone for the more reliable silvers attack, which worked really well! A fish a chuck pushing my rig under the tree at 8m. Most fish were small roach, rudd, the odd perch but I’d caught steadily for the whole match. I estimated I’d got over 20lb in the net which would surely be enough for first. That would have been the case but for the gaping hole that I found as I lifted my keepnet out at the weigh in. Most of the fish had escaped leaving me with a couple of pounds of the larger roach and rudd which was enough for somewhere near last. Lesson learnt, check keepnets regularly!

The other was when I lost the top kit of my new pole playing a carp, I’d stupidly pointed the pole at the fish as I shipped back and it popped straight off and disappeared underwater. In those days I only had one top kit, and as a 13 year old I was heartbroken, especially when I had to explain to my dad that I’d lost the top sections of the new pole I’d just got for Christmas!

Total

Site Supporter
Making poor decisions really , I’m picking up sections, and 3rds etc when the peg was definitely worthy of a win 💁‍♂️💁‍♂️
For what it's worth........ Fish through it, you'll come good again....."Class is permanent......"(y)

The Hitman

Site Supporter
First match on Tamar this year. Been practising for weeks. Catching 30-40lb on the Waggler shallow. Also on the pole at 7 metres. Got myself ready. Casters sorted. Rigs all sorted. The Saturday lovely calm day. Come the day of the match. Torrential rain and 40mph winds. Couldn't fish the pole or the waggler. Had no worms or maggots. Ending up fishing the feeder and had 5lb. Last in section. Got home and left my Glass's the bank. Had to drive back to get them. I was last peg in section. 🙄 what a donut. I 🤣

Total

Site Supporter
First match on Tamar this year. Been practising for weeks. Catching 30-40lb on the Waggler shallow. Also on the pole at 7 metres. Got myself ready. Casters sorted. Rigs all sorted. The Saturday lovely calm day. Come the day of the match. Torrential rain and 40mph winds. Couldn't fish the pole or the waggler. Had no worms or maggots. Ending up fishing the feeder and had 5lb. Last in section. Got home and left my Glass's the bank. Had to drive back to get them. I was last peg in section. 🙄 what a donut. I 🤣
Should have fished popped up bread!;):p:ROFLMAO:

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Should have fished popped up bread!;):p:ROFLMAO:
Funny you should say that, Going to try that at Tamar in a couple of weeks. Told it won't work. Same as I was told, you will never catch Carp in Melbury fishing for Bream 😉🤣

Total

Site Supporter
Funny you should say that, Going to try that at Tamar in a couple of weeks. Told it won't work. Same as I was told, you will never catch Carp in Melbury fishing for Bream 😉🤣
I spent my whole fishing life proving people talk absolute 'horlicks' about "That won't work"...Good for you....;)...And enjoy Tamar, it looks a fabulous place...(y)

PearTree

Calder Reborn....
Site Supporter
If its any consolation mate, Richy Candy fell in at Port Talbot dock on sunday, the whole lot, him box bait rods reel🤣🤣🤣 thank God it was on the shallow boards section😁👍
I bet he still stopped off for an ice cream on the way home :ROFLMAO:

I travelled to few matches with him when I fished with the Nomads in 92/93 whilst working on a job in Caaardiff. It was a Nomad tradition to have an ice cream after the match, even if it had been the coldest of winter leagues :unsure::giggle: