fishing_mad

what fish is this?

and also can you get red eels in england

[:)]Fishing Mad[:)]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
considering its a new pic i would suggest you wait a while for the forum to load it up.

Sometimes the pics take a while to show, especially at busy times like now.

I can't quite make out the fish due to the picture quality being poor so i can't help sorry.

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

Chopper

It's just a good old common bream held on a funny angle.

Never seen or heard of a red eel[?][?]

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

Hopper_fcuk

The Smogster
i'd agree with lee saying its a common bream, the back fin under tail gives it away.

..`. ><((((((>
``..`. ><((((>

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
Eels vary in colour due to the colour of water / Bottom i have had Eels out of greenhalgh's that are red in colour with bright pink fins i have also had a lot on Ulvertan canal that are very dark i asked a specimen angler firend of mine and he says its down to the water / Bottom mate hope this helps.

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

Last edited:

fishing_mad

cheers you lot the first pic was of the bennets catalogue thats came in the angling times and it was starting to bug me. So thanks again

[:)]Fishing Mad[:)]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi FM,

The reason why the picture didn't load for you first time is because it is 188,094 bytes in size.
On a dial-up it would take approximately 1 - 2 minutes to view.
The second time you viewed it, it would take less because it would have been cached in your Temporary Internet files and therefore wouldn't have been loaded from the server but from your local drive.

If you keep the file size down to around 30,000 bytes it helps to speed up the loading of it tremendously, not only for yourself but also for others. Added to that, every now and then I run a small program that removes images of large file size from the database. The program is indescriminate which means that the photo above and other large ones will be removed and would no longer show.

Hope this helps [:)]

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.