what is the best codition of weather to fish in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
Weather to me dont mean a thing really I go out in all weathers, "My wife will say time and time again going out in this rain"! my reply would be why did I buy a brolly if I dont get to use it!!. summer fishing is great for all fish I find, Winter too is brill if you can stand the cold. what ever fish you are after dont matter rain or sun i'm sure with the righ baits on the right place will produce fish..

tight lines.. :)

Larry

Lazarus
anytime the best weather to fish in as long as i'm fishing
59 posts to go

Datafile2.asp

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

joe1987

'Darwener'
For me I love to fish when its blazing hot and i can get me top off but as for fish, wether will affect their feeding patterns. Like the other week for example, sunny, hot but the carp were spawning so they werent having anything. Ive been on other hot days and had great bags of carp or roach or tench, but sometimes had equal bags when the lakes thawing out after a frost!
I do think that wind has a part to play, i stick by- if the winds in the north the fish come forth saying. I also think a 9mph wind is best to fish in as the fish seem to feed in windy conditions but in a 9 you can keep everything tangle free too. Im sure someone knows some scientific reasons but thats what i think from my limited experience.
Nearly there larry.

*)*Joey*(*

adam

i find thebest weather too be warm and cloudy with a light breeze for all fish

Flying Fish

Atmospheric pressure is generally thought to be more important than what the weather is actually doing. You need a period of settled pressure, whether it be high or low, as long as it is fairly constant for 2 or 3 days then it seems to fish better. I used to take a note of what it was doing pressure-wise, when I carp fished seriously (sad ain`t it, would do anything to try and get my catch-rate up)and it seemed to be true about the settled pressure thing. Rain or shine not to important. Checked the water temp. as well (really sad!) but the settled pressure thing was the key. Get a barometer and a checked Michael Fish jacket with leather-patch elbows and get measuring !

JM2pW. F.F. <'}}}><

timber

built for comfort
when the wind is in the west,fish bite best
when wind is in the east,fish bite least.
my favorite time is the morning after a hot day getting there for first light.

big dave

Status
Not open for further replies.