What is presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob27

peg nine
hi all,
can anybody give me the definitive guide to presentation that i read so much about - i know it means it presenting the bait in a natural way but surely a bulk of shot 12 - 18 inches from the hook does not allow a maggot(for example) to fall as a maggot would if it was loosefed? - Also why fish a few inches overdepth(apart from controlling the float in a wind) and surely a maggot suspended at half depth doesn't look natural - any help?????????
thanks

MALC

Rob,
Presentation is not always about presenting the bait in the most natural way. It can mean all manner of things and it's more to do with (IMO) fine detail and giving the fish the bait in the way they want it on the day:

Example 1.Fine tuneing. When i shot up all my pole rigs i made sure that all the splits are set so the splits all line up the same way as IMO that helps the rig to fall in a straight line from float to hook which helps present a more natural look.

Example 2.Feeding. Some times the fish will be on the surface so you either fish shallow or on the surface and no matter what you do they will not feed on the bottom so you present your bait to them where they want it.

Unsure it thats helped any but i'm sure someone else will reply with a more helpfull explanasion.

Malc

ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER 001

Status
Not open for further replies.