What is it with dog owners.

Browner

Site Supporter
I don’t understand the mentality of some dog owners. I walked along the river today to get to my peg and the number of black “dog poo” bags that were left on the side or thrown in the hedge was amazing. I’d rather they got their dog to poo near the edge and leave it, than pick it up and throw the bag in the side. At least raw poo will break down at some stage. Not pleasant for anyone but better than have it hanging in a plastic bag on the hedge. Even more frustrating is the fact that there are bins at either end of the stretch.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Always a bone of contention even for responsible dog owners.
Too many 'new' lockdown puppy owners at the moment who haven't thought all the aspects of dog ownership through

Browner

Site Supporter
Always a bone of contention even for responsible dog owners.
Too many 'new' lockdown puppy owners at the moment who haven't thought all the aspects of dog ownership through
I think you may be right. I had a “Goldie” for 14 years and it was hard work. A great dog that we loved to bits but that inbreed instinct to head for water meant the simplest of walks would usually end up with a hose down when we got back. I don’t think people totally understand the commitment needed.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
We come across a lot of Terrier/Lion crosses - little yappy things that think they can take on the world :D

The thing is when they get too close and Winston retaliates, the owners see him as the aggressor, not their little darlings.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Apparently it takes six weeks for dog poo to break down naturally, and decades to do so in a plastic bag, even the biodegradable type.
If you don't want to bin it you're better off either training your dog to poo in the rough or pick it up and put it there, where people don't walk.

I've never seen the point of picking up if he does it in the rough alongside fields, under hedgerows and then binning it to end up in landfill when the slugs and snails will make a meal of it. However I'd never leave it where people and kids would walk or play.

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
Too many dog owners are not fit to own dogs!

A guy near here goes out on his mobility scooter to walk his dog. Stops when the dog wants a dump but he doesn't then get off the scooter to bag it up - he just drives off and leaves it. Call out to him to do something about it and all you get is a mouthful of abuse!

PeteC

I'm a dog owner and it boils my p##s when others just can't be bothered to clean up after their dog..even worse are those who just decorate the trees with waste bags.....if they can't be bothered to pick it up then use a stick and flick it into the hedgerow or just out of the way.😡😡😡😡. If you confront these people you either get a mouthful of abuse or the ".....but there's no bin to put it in" excuse...don't think they quite get the ...take it home with you line either....!

JayBee

Site Supporter
Every morning it's a walk to the local playing field, my dog will perform his ablutions on one of the grass verges en route, or as soon as we get into the field.
Picked up, of course and deposited in one of the three dog poo bins on the field.
Adjacent to every bin I've made and fixed a bag dispenser from 2ltr. lemonade bottles which I top up on an almost daily basis with the cheap supermarket nappy bags, which (doggy) do the job. A reduction in abandoned faeces has resulted.

I have also let it be known that if I see a dog owner walking away from their pooches rubbish, a photo or two on my phone might just appear on a local Facebook site!.

nejohn

Site Supporter
It really pee's me off when you see people just walk away from the dog and ignore that it is making a mess I always clear up after our 2 unless it is on one of those odd occasions when they are off the lead and in the middle of the undergrowth of off in the distance on the mountain side where no one else is likely to come across the said little pile. Like most others I do not see the point of bagging it and then leaving either on the ground or hanging from a tree or fence, ffs just carry it in the bag until you come to the next bin or get home which ever comes first. Just about every coat I own will have a roll of bags in at least one pocket and have often offered them to people that have 'forgotten' to bring them out with them unfortunately my offer is not very often taken up.
Before lockdown the local council had wardens roaming the local park and slapping £60 fines on people they caught not clearing up after them....they did get a little over zealous though as they tried to fine Kathy for not picking up after the dog she had pooed and she continued walking, the guy pounced before she had taken one step, unfortunately if they had only given her the chance to explain that I was about 2 yards behind her retrieving a bag from my pocket to deal with i it may have saved a bit of bother, a bit of a heated debate ensued and the guy would not see what was happening and still issued a ticket, it took a letter to the council to sort it out

rudd

Site Supporter
It really pee's me off when you see people just walk away from the dog and ignore that it is making a mess I always clear up after our 2 unless it is on one of those odd occasions when they are off the lead and in the middle of the undergrowth of off in the distance on the mountain side where no one else is likely to come across the said little pile. Like most others I do not see the point of bagging it and then leaving either on the ground or hanging from a tree or fence, ffs just carry it in the bag until you come to the next bin or get home which ever comes first. Just about every coat I own will have a roll of bags in at least one pocket and have often offered them to people that have 'forgotten' to bring them out with them unfortunately my offer is not very often taken up.
Before lockdown the local council had wardens roaming the local park and slapping £60 fines on people they caught not clearing up after them....they did get a little over zealous though as they tried to fine Kathy for not picking up after the dog she had pooed and she continued walking, the guy pounced before she had taken one step, unfortunately if they had only given her the chance to explain that I was about 2 yards behind her retrieving a bag from my pocket to deal with i it may have saved a bit of bother, a bit of a heated debate ensued and the guy would not see what was happening and still issued a ticket, it took a letter to the council to sort it out
He would have received said bag in the mush if that was me 😇

John Step

Site Supporter

A guy near here goes out on his mobility scooter to walk his dog. Stops when the dog wants a dump but he doesn't then get off the scooter to bag it up - he just drives off and leaves it. Call out to him to do something about it and all you get is a mouthful of abuse!
A follow and deposit from a spade on the doorstep??

JLK

Next time this happens go get a dust pan, quickly collect it, then pop it in front of the guys front wheels.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Dog poo in bags and then hung on trees. What’s all that about ? We’ve even got dog poo bins on our canal and owners still hang it in trees .... WHY ? 😳🙄

tee.bee

Site Supporter
poo bags sometimes i think i need to take a wheelbarrow when my dog goes ive seen horses do less :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Dog poo in bags and then hung on trees. What’s all that about ? We’ve even got dog poo bins on our canal and owners still hang it in trees .... WHY ? 😳🙄
Why? Don't you know that the poo fairy comes down on a moonbeam at midnight to collect the bags.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I wouldn't mind... but during this cold weather they make great hand warmers...🤣
If they can't take it home SEIF