What Flask Do You Use?

fishcatcher4

The press and pour type are more difficult to clean as stuff can build up between the seal and the press part has to be pressed in to get at it.

If you know this it's easy to clean. (y)

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
The press and pour type are more difficult to clean as stuff can build up between the seal and the press part has to be pressed in to get at it.

If you know this it's easy to clean. (y)

It's even easier if the owner takes the time to see if it is a push to pour system that can be dismantled :)

davylad

My Zojirushi is brilliant, but a little too small for winter. My mrs just got me a Spear and Jackson (yes that's right) and it's very good up to now, only a tenner from Home bargains.

Simon R

Site Supporter

solwood

Site Supporter
Stainless steel Stanley or Aladdin or thermos

I find the smaller ones with the popper tops dont keep things properly hot

TrickyD

Site Supporter
I have just invested in a large green Stanley one, better than anything I've had before. The only thing I don't like, and it's the same with every one I've ever had, it just doesn't taste quite right out of a plastic cup. Does anyone take a china mug with them ? I just fill the flask with water and take a small amount of milk and some tea bags, so it's not the flask tainting the tea. I stopped putting tea bags in the flask after an incident many years ago.Anyone remember coffee bags? look just like tea bags, and muggins here managed to get a coffee one mixed with the tea bags, vile is not the word.

Davethefish

Site Supporter
This will be my fourth year of owning this one:

It still keeps drinks piping hot all day (without preheating)
And - as the name suggests - it floats - mine having gone for an early bath at least three times.

Simon

That's interesting Simon, I also had one of those in the past but gave it away after I wasn't impressed but its heat retaining qualities, even after preheating.

pal.64

Amazon product
Thermos Hercules Stainless Steel Floating Flask is ideal....robust, not too heavy. As it says, it floats which has saved me more than once. Highly recommend

Kirtons

Site Supporter
Stanley best of the lot, keeps the water red hot all day long. I have a soup flask as well

Got them both the flask is amazing been going for years, made the mistake of buying the cheap rubbish ones before. The soup flask is ok but imo not as good as the flask

Arch

Site Supporter
I still use an old plastic Thermos one, I broke it a little while back and was distraught. I did have a different flask that had the same inner, so swapped it over. It gets in all my photos, quite the tart really......

IMG_0690.JPG IMG_1202.JPG IMG_0783.JPG