What Flask Do You Use?

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I bought two stainless ones off ebay a few months ago, figured they'd do for short fishing trips or days out if we fancied a coffee without messing around at services etc best part of it is they have the wide filler so you can put stew or decent soups in them but have the push button pour if you only have the hot water/coffee/tea.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Thermos steel.. in 0.5l and 1.0l... had em for years they work... not the cheapest though

adriang

Site Supporter
Stanley, got it cheap from TKMax. But I have seen them come up cheap on Amazon occasionally.

Previously I had one from Asda that was really cheap. To be fair, it kept coffee warm, but the 'press in the middle of the stopper' pouring system was terrible to clean. After a few years of relatively infrequent use, the drinking cup lining (hard plastic) was getting sharp edges around the screw thread, after cutting my mouth on it, decided to get something more quality.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Another vote for Stanley, make sure you don't drop the cup in the water though, it sinks

John Step

Site Supporter
I have mentioned this on various forums before but I feel worth repeating.

Those flasks with a central button and are not dismantle able to clean are a health hazard waiting to happen.
I had one which broke. I saw that inside the stopper there was a build up of what can only be described as a stew of rusting spring mechanism,slime build up and god knows what bacterial infusion.

I now use Go Outdoors own brand with a removable stopper. They keep stuff hot for hours. They are lighter than the Stanley ones and are only between £5/£8 depending on the offers.

Total

Site Supporter
I have mentioned this on various forums before but I feel worth repeating.

Those flasks with a central button and are not dismantle able to clean are a health hazard waiting to happen.
I had one which broke. I saw that inside the stopper there was a build up of what can only be described as a stew of rusting spring mechanism,slime build up and god knows what bacterial infusion.

I now use Go Outdoors own brand with a removable stopper. They keep stuff hot for hours. They are lighter than the Stanley ones and are only between £5/£8 depending on the offers.

And our @Trogg posted how to clean them! ;)(y)

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I have a large 1.7 litre Thermos, bought from a car boot sale 5 or 6 years ago for a couple of quid. It's still going strong and keeps the coffee piping hot.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've got an Aladin stainless steel flask, weighs a ton but keeps stuff hot for ages

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
On this subject I will just mention that I use an insulated travel mug instead of the plastic cup on the thermos. Keeps drink hot while playing fish and spill resistant if knocked over.

Use denture tablets for cleaning/steralising.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
On this subject I will just mention that I use an insulated travel mug instead of the plastic cup on the thermos. Keeps drink hot while playing fish and spill resistant if knocked over.

Use denture tablets for cleaning/steralising.

I use those in my flask to clean/sterilise it.