What do YOU use????

Status
Not open for further replies.

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
What do you use to fish ,a rod and reel or a pole/whip.
i use the rod and reel i prefer that cause i think you get more of a thrill lol.
any way whats your opinion?????

Regards
Gf

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Rod n Line any day

I'm gonna put myself in the firing line here BUT (& this is just my opinion) There is no art in using the pole, all you do is ship it out n plonk your bait right where you want it (wheres the fun in that??)

Oh & of course (or is that coarse?icon_smile.gif) there's always the "garden gnome" image of the pole angler, sat there in their little wooly hats (normally red as well) icon_smile_tongue.gif

Alan
You've just been moderated

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
i was going to say that but i fought some of the people on the forum would have a go so i agree with you.

Regards
Gf

MALC

Trogg the purist icon_smile_wink.gif,

quote icon_smile_shock.gif
There is no art in using the pole, all you do is ship it out n plonk your bait right where you want it.icon_smile_shock.gif

I wish it was that easy!!!

I was bought up useing the rod & reel on the River Kennet and that is still my favourite method.

Now adays though i mainly fish Canals & commercials so 90% of the time it's the pole that come's out of the rod bag first, but i've always got float and feeder rods with me.

Malc

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Malc,
Couldnt agree more,
The best form of fishing I have ever experienced and favourite to this day, is light line stick float trotting on the Trent for chub,roach or even barbel.
The fight, with the fish aided by the current on 2 1/2 lb hook length is something else.
Light waggler for Tench, Unbelieveable!
Long range Waggler with 'off your box Strikes' for Bream! Superb!
1/2 oz lead winkling bream on the tip, Magic!
Free lining worm/meat/wasp grub Chub/Barbel exciting!
The satisfaction over the precision of placing a Pole float on a sixpence AND knowing that floats gonna dip! Gratifying
The buzz from the buzzer on a Pike or Carp Run, Orgasmic!!
Cometh the day, Cometh the method and I have only covered 10%
Dont knock the enjoyment of that greatest prize,ENJOYING what youre doing!
As the Monk said to the Rabbi, 'I think your stupid for not eating Pork. Have you ever tried it?'
'Once' the Priest replied, 'But I think youre stupid for not sleeping with women, Have you ever tried that?'
'Well yes , once' said the Monk sheepishly.
'Better than damn Pork aint it' said the Rabbi!
Each to his own fellers lol (and perhaps for Waxi, its always SHEEPISHLY!)
icon_smile_big.gif

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev your resident alcoholic2.gif

ray

wave.gif i personally use both rod + pole depending on the session.

if i am having an allday session on a stillwater i will set up my pole along with float and feeder rods, i tend to start off on the pole for a few hours then swap to one or both rods, i equally enjoy using all methods.

quite a lot of the time i only have a couple of hours to fish so i tend to use only my pole as i can set up and be fishing quicker than i can with a rod.

if i take the wife beautiful.gif , i again tend to use my pole as the wife only fishes with a pole and it is far easier for me to teach her when i am using a similar set up.

as for river fishing, only ever use a rod.

dont leave dog ends on the bank....take em home.

ray

message for trogg from the wife beautiful.gif

quote...Oh & of course (or is that coarse?) there's always the "garden gnome" image of the pole angler, sat there in their little wooly hats (normally red as well)

red is my natural colour and i wear a baseball cap... para.gif

AlexR

WHAT? pole has no skill!!!!! i wish. there are so many things do get right like rigs and things, it is equally as skillful as rod ajnd line. i started wagglering for carp, then i got a pole and i logve using it, but i do enjoy waggler still. mainly i use whatever method i need to catch fish.

;)

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:Rod n Line any day

I'm gonna put myself in the firing line here BUT (& this is just my opinion) There is no art in using the pole, all you do is ship it out n plonk your bait right where you want it (wheres the fun in that??)

Nice one Trogg,pretty good,need more groundbait though!
Peter. thumbsup.gif

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:

red is my natural colour and i wear a baseball cap... para.gif

Hi Rays Wife

When you say "red is my natural colour" do you mean you are a native north american or do you mean you're a flame tempered red head?

If its the latter how about you leave Ray n come live with me devil-flip.gif (i love red heads OUCH i forgot Dian was behind me)

Ray i totally agree with your signature BTW i hate it when i turn up to fish & have to clean up the ash tray thats been left.

Alan
You've just been moderated

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Talk about putting yourself up for a fall Trogg icon_smile_big.gif

When was the last time you caught a fish

Myself personally, it depends on where and what I'm fishing for.
On rivers mainly rod and line,
Canals and stillwaters the pole,
Big fish bashing icon_smile.gif rod and line
Commercials and most matches, the pole

As for skills, has anyone been pegged next to a guy who is fishing the pole next peg, same line, even same baits sometimes and he's catching and you're not and ever wondered why? I have icon_smile_big.gif

Dave

martin.

Account Locked
hi.
depends on my quarry & venue.
For speed fishing for roach, bleak & other small fish it must be the whip.
For bream,tench,perch & better roach on narrow drains it has to be pole.
on larger waters for better fish it has to be running line.

I enjoy all methods as long as im fishing.

tight lines.
martin.

MALC

quote: As for skills, has anyone been pegged next to a guy who is fishing the pole next peg, same line, even same baits sometimes and he's catching and you're not and ever wondered why? I have

Spot on Dave,

On 1 occasion whilst pleasure fishing me and my mate were next to each other and he was catching and i was not so i put in about 2" away from his float with same bait and everything and he still caught and i did not.

If only we knew why then we'd clean up.

Malc

Thomas Bates

rod and line always . i cant understand y people spend thousands on them just to go out to catch little 1-5oz fish whers the fun . i think there mad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thomasbates

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Me thinks thomas bates before having a go at anglers who use poles to catch small fish, think that we also catch quite large fish also. and not all poles cost thousands, or thaaaasands as Davidson would say

thumbsup.gif Geoff

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
The thing is, every angler has his own way of doing things, and as long as he has the fishes welfare at heart do not knock it. Just enjoy.

The important thing is being on the bank.

thumbsup.gif Geoff

Thomas Bates

alrate geoff 1!! i take it your a pole man then please tell me what is the attraction i would love to now

thanks

thomas

thomasbates

AlexR

dont knock people for the methods they use! the pole is better in some situations, worse in others. IMO carp fishing doesnt require a great deal of skill, as you just cast and wait, its not all action which is why i like the pole, keep active. i dont care how people fish, if they enjoy how they fish, fine! i just fish how i want, or how i need to catch fish. simple!

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.