What Bait @ Lindholme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmdirectuk

Should check more!
I know its only for fun, but its also a great chance for me to learn!

Bloody wrecking and racking my brains to what bait I am going to use Staurday.....

Any tips?
[B)]

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
what lake you on??? IF i was a matcher on the match lakes, would be pellet, corn, maggot

as im on the spec lake... i cant say lol

pmdirectuk

Should check more!
I understood that the lake we would be pegged on would be given to us on the draw and they are to use, bonsai, beeches, loco and oasis or something?

I was thinking Pellet, maggot, meat & corn? grrrrr but that sounds too much!!

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
once thing, is dont over complicate things, dont take laods and loads of bait.....3/4 max but thats just my opinion...

im only take 1, but i know it will work and have great confidence in it...

big cheese

Rob Nudd
Originally posted by pmdirectuk

I understood that the lake we would be pegged on would be given to us on the draw and they are to use, bonsai, beeches, loco and oasis or something?

I was thinking Pellet, maggot, meat & corn? grrrrr but that sounds too much!!
why? its all im taking..with a few casters and hemp/ GB for feeder

pfenc

Site Supporter
when you've drawn peg neil said he will advise on how to fish it, and i've no doubt that all baits are available from shop,not forgetting that all pellets will have to be bought on site at 2 a bag.

Hatman

Drawbag ace
Maggot is a good catch-all, caster is better at sorting out the quality fish (small roach etc can be a pain). I tried 'feeding off' the bits on Oasis last week, by cattying in over a pint of maggots before trying to catch shallow, there were still lots of roach that hadnt yet had their fill. Gary Jubb caught well today on maggot fished across & i dont think he had much of a problem with small fish.

Meat has started to work, there was a 120lb weight on Bonsai last week on luncheon meat fished on the pole.

Pellet is always good at Lindholme, most are fishing micros and 4mms at the moment, iether with a hair rigged banded pellet or an expander on the hook. Micro pellet in groundbait on a small method feeder is good on Bonsai, although more a summer thing really.

Corn is good, some use it as a hi-viz hookbait over micros, especially for the recently stocked F1s (there are loads in Oasis & Willows).

rodring

Account Locked
Originally posted by pmdirectuk

I know its only for fun, but its also a great chance for me to learn!

Bloody wrecking and racking my brains to what bait I am going to use Staurday.....

Any tips?
[B)]
wait until you've drawn your peg before getting your bait then ask around, no point buying bait before you know where your fishing. even then i'd stick to a couple caster and pellets or maggot and pellet with corn as a change of hook bait. keep it simple to many options and you'll not only confuse yourself but the fish as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.